Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Card Game Plan

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: My Credit Card Game Plan

@Anonymous wrote:
I did not plan on appling for 12 cards at one time. I was goin do 6 now and six more in six months. Keep the utl under 9% and alternate between all cards until the one year mark hoping for a boost in fico points sense I was handling my CCs in such a responsible manner. But the advice given in earlier posts is what I will most likely do. A few secured and unsecure CCs.

With your scores you won't get approve for that many cards at once.  I accomplished what you are wanting to do, but my scores were in the upper 700's.  I have 11 cards.  I received 9 cards between July 2009 and September 2009.  My EQ score dropped to 730 from 767.  Today my  EQ score is 745.  I expect to see a big score increase this July as my inquiries and new accounts will be 1 year old.   Best of luck to you.

Message 21 of 22
Hairy_Satchel
New Contributor

Re: My Credit Card Game Plan

A few starter cards is all you probably need. Then as the accounts age, apply for better cards. After that, work towards higher credit limits. Then close the unneeded starter cards when you are confident it will not negatively affect your rating. That's the way I played it and it worked as planned. I now have only 3 accounts with over 30K of available debt. I am comfortable and confident that more credit will become available to me as my income continues to increase. Good luck.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.