Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit apps SPREE 7//2013

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: My Credit apps SPREE 7//2013

That is awesome!!  Congrats and assuming that you'll be gardening for a while?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 11 of 17
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

THATS A GREAT SPREE!  IM JEALOUS!!Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 17
android01
Valued Contributor

@theboy wrote:

Credit scores as of 7/1/2013  Transunion-719 Equifax-725 Experian-731 all myFICO pulls.

Today I applied and was approved for the following

Discover it-$5,000 instant approval

American Express BCE-$2,000 instant approval

American Express PRG-No pre-set limit

Chase freedom-$2,500 Instant approval

Old navy visa-$1,000

**UPDATE** capital one cash back credit card increase-$750-$1250 (cash back)

Capital Spark business card increase $1000-$1500 (online)

Ones I didn't get approved for were:

Citi (too many inquires,they asked for a copy of my credit report for recon) 

PNC (don't know...recon in the morning)

Best Buy (too many inquires)

Thanks to this forum I was able to take the leap of faith and FINALLY apply for prime cards!!

How did I do????

Congrats on your approvals. Smiley Happy  Speaking from experience, and if I'd had a chance to communicate with you first, I would have advised against applying for so many new accounts all at once.  I would have chosen one or two, at most, gardened for 6 months, and then added one or two others, another two six months after that.  Your CL's on the subsequent cards you applied for may have been higher, and you likely would have been approved for the ones you applied for and were denied.  App sprees don't have to be all at once, but rather stragically planned over a couple of years to keep your scores up and to not scare away potential lenders from thinking that you are in dire straights from applying for so much new credit.      

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 13 of 17
theboy
Valued Member

Thanks Everyone!!!!!          Will be doing Pnc recon today will let you know the results....Btw on my credit profile I have no collections 0 inquies on my eq. and ex. report but 2 on trans. 10 months old so my question is what do citi pull from???? to many inq's??? The Csr was like send in a copy of my credit report....is that normal practice??? And can they see the inq's from my apps spree from yesterday already???

Message 14 of 17
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

@theboy wrote:

Thanks Everyone!!!!!          Will be doing Pnc recon today will let you know the results....Btw on my credit profile I have no collections 0 inquies on my eq. and ex. report but 2 on trans. 10 months old so my question is what do citi pull from???? to many inq's??? The Csr was like send in a copy of my credit report....is that normal practice??? And can they see the inq's from my apps spree from yesterday already???

They can see inquiries in real time, so if you applied for the discover first, anyone who pulls the same report as discover saw that you app'd for them as well.

Message 15 of 17
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@theboy wrote:

Credit scores as of 7/1/2013  Transunion-719 Equifax-725 Experian-731 all myFICO pulls.

Today I applied and was approved for the following

Discover it-$5,000 instant approval

American Express BCE-$2,000 instant approval

American Express PRG-No pre-set limit

Chase freedom-$2,500 Instant approval

Old navy visa-$1,000

**UPDATE** capital one cash back credit card increase-$750-$1250 (cash back)

Capital Spark business card increase $1000-$1500 (online)

Ones I didn't get approved for were:

Citi (too many inquires,they asked for a copy of my credit report for recon) 

PNC (don't know...recon in the morning)

Best Buy (too many inquires)

Thanks to this forum I was able to take the leap of faith and FINALLY apply for prime cards!!

How did I do????

Congrats on your approvals. Smiley Happy  Speaking from experience, and if I'd had a chance to communicate with you first, I would have advised against applying for so many new accounts all at once.  I would have chosen one or two, at most, gardened for 6 months, and then added one or two others, another two six months after that.  Your CL's on the subsequent cards you applied for may have been higher, and you likely would have been approved for the ones you applied for and were denied.  App sprees don't have to be all at once, but rather stragically planned over a couple of years to keep your scores up and to not scare away potential lenders from thinking that you are in dire straights from applying for so much new credit.      

But at the same time, his AAoA will take a hit but will age nicely as all the accounts age at the same time so later down the road he won't take a big hit from app'n for new accounts.

Message 16 of 17
theboy
Valued Member

****UPDATE**** on the PNC Recon I called in spoke to the underwritting Dept  They did a Manual Review.....was on hold for 5-10 minsSmiley Sad... they came back to the phone saying I was Approved for 1500.00 In my card should come in 7-10 Business Days!!!!!!!           Just faxed over my credit report to citi for there recon they said to call in 24-48 hrs for a decision....  Will update to let you guys know how it went!!!! Did anyone have to fax there credit report to citi for inq's? if so how do it go???

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.