cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Denial Rebuttal Letter to CapOne (pronounced "Capone")

tag
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: My Denial Rebuttal Letter to CapOne (pronounced "Capone")

Love the sarcasm - well done! Smiley Very Happy

And yes, keep up updated with with their response.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 21 of 43
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Nice.

I sent a similar letter less the sarcasm. I got approved. But if you had no intention of being reconned, then it worked nicely. LOL.

You should include copies of your reports for them to browse through as well. I did that too.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 22 of 43
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

I haven't sent it yet. More of a trial balloon.

In fact, I saw another thread under mine about a CAPONE backdoor number a few minutes ago, so I called it. They're gonna do a manual review. If it doesn't work after that, then it's bombs away.  

To answer a couple of comments, I only have three hard pulls on my credit report, and yes, it's a bit long, but they shouldn't have made up so many reasons why they denied me!

...................................................................................................................................................

Waste of time. Manual reviews are worthless. I supposedly got one and never did. They even told me a letter was sent....TWICE....to explain why I was further denied on manual review. I never got one. I sent my recon pack (without the sarcasm) and I was approved....albeit with another round of inquiries that I am fighting.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 23 of 43
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

If anything, my file is thin (two open tradelines, five closed accounts, all paid satisfactorily, total CL of 10k). I went for awhile without credit with my head in the sand, then cleaned everything up (two chargeoff PFDs, three medical collections, one DirecTV collection, paid tax lien all removed from my CR)

...........................................................................................

We have very similar stories....and scores. I was in the same position and went on a rampage that shot my scores up 110-140 points in about 6 months. My file wasn't that thin....though it's a little thinner now after scouring it free of filth for a months. Smiley Very Happy

But in all seriousness, I've been down this road with Cap1. If you want the card, do as I did. It should work. Just warn them not to HP again. I didn't say anything about that (because I didn't think they could on a recon without my permission but I guess they can) and I got a second tri-pull which I am fighting as we speak.

Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was very upfront about no more hard pulls and the representative (a very nice woman) was cool about it and assured me that that wouldn't be the case, and that real, live humans would be taking a look at my credit reports with real, actual eyes (not algorithms!) and getting back to me.

Message 25 of 43
marty56
Super Contributor

Did you ever have a Capitol One CC in the past? 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. My pfd chargeoff was with Chase.

I just picked the Venture rewards card as a backup Visa card, since I'm addicted to mileage bonus/perks sorta stuff.

Message 27 of 43
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

I was very upfront about no more hard pulls and the representative (a very nice woman) was cool about it and assured me that that wouldn't be the case, and that real, live humans would be taking a look at my credit reports with real, actual eyes (not algorithms!) and getting back to me.

----------------------------------------------------------

They're lying about the manual review. I doubt anything will happen. I got the impression that a manual review was simply that someone you have no access to simply reviews the reasons for denial spit out by the master computer and checks for grammar.

Message 28 of 43
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope. My pfd chargeoff was with Chase.

I just picked the Venture rewards card as a backup Visa card, since I'm addicted to mileage bonus/perks sorta stuff.

That eliminates some weird blacklist.  Since they did do a HP on you, they should have known that made a mistake.  If they process requests via software, maybe the CSR hit the wrong button or your hard copy app made it to the wrong pile.  If you really want the card, I might conisder calling for a recon.  If not I would send the letter and see what happens.  You never know.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck, I am not really impressed with the new HSBC/Cap One cc division at all

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.