Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Discover BT offers are back!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Discover BT offers are back!

So when I pushed my luck and got a small $500 CLI a while back it killed my BT offers (3% fee 0% apr for 12 and 0% fee 4.99% apr for 18) 

I still had the 3% fee BT offer but without direct deposit option.  When I looked at the 'respond by date' it was always that day.  The next day the date would change but would again expire that same day.  

Well today I logged in and both my BT offers are back (with direct deposit option).  Super excited to see that.  I don't have any plans to use them but with 4.99% direct deposit I really like having that short term line of available cash.  Sometimes I feel like lenders offer that 0% with 2/3/4/5% fee because they know lots of people will likely not extend throughout the period and will end up paying it back sooner because they don't like balances reporting (guilty).

I'm crazy I guess but I'll sleep much better tonight knowing my defacto LOC is back open with Discover.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Discover BT offers are back!

That's awesome. Have you thought about a credit union LOC that is meant for your purpose?  Like the PenFed TCS or Navy Navcheck?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Discover BT offers are back!

@Anonymous wrote:

That's awesome. Have you thought about a credit union LOC that is meant for your purpose?  Like the PenFed TCS or Navy Navcheck?

Yeah I have.  Between USAA rate advantage, ring, and Discover BT (if available) I feel I have adequate LOC products.  Teachers Credit Union by me in Indiana has a prime + 4% LOC but the max line is 5k.  They are EQ pull for membership and their other credit products are underwhelming.  I was considering them but I went with USAA instead and am very happy with the rate advantage card and extremely impressed with the checking product.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.