tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: My Discover Zip Story

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

OK, here's the idiot question...

What the h*ll is a zip card??

I honestly don't know about it.

It's a contactless card for the elite Discover card members with uber FICO scores. 

Message 11 of 36
hemi961
Regular Contributor

I don't think you have to very elite to get one. Give them a call and they'll send you one. I've had mine for several months but have only used it once and that was just to see if it worked.
Message 12 of 36
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

hemi961, does it work if you don't touch the contactless reader?

Can't help myself, I take things literally sometimes.  Good for laughs.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 36
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

That's cool. I'm still waiting for Citi to mail me Paypass for my Dividend Platinum Select MC. 

I find it very strange that Citi does not offer embedded Paypass credit card and instead have to get a separate payment tag, but we'll see.

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally love my Zip card. I actually have it behind my HTC Evo's battery cover. The Zip card comes in real handy if I ever forget my card. I just tap my phone to pay for my items. Sometimes the cashiers look confuse when I swipe my phone across the pad lol

Message 15 of 36
daytrade5
Contributor

Dagumit, now I want one!

Message 16 of 36
daytrade5
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally love my Zip card. I actually have it behind my HTC Evo's battery cover. The Zip card comes in real handy if I ever forget my card. I just tap my phone to pay for my items. Sometimes the cashiers look confuse when I swipe my phone across the pad lol

So where can this Zip card be used? I'm thinking mainly gas stations & pit stop locations.... Please inform me.... Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 36
daytrade5
Contributor

@DI wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

It's a contactless card for the elite Discover card members with uber FICO scores. 

Just requested one... Verified some info, chatted it up a little, card's on it's way. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 36
DI
Super Contributor

@daytrade5 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Just requested one... Verified some info, chatted it up a little, card's on it's way. Smiley Happy

Congrats!

Message 19 of 36
DI
Super Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

hemi961, does it work if you don't touch the contactless reader?

Can't help myself, I take things literally sometimes.  Good for laughs.  Smiley Very Happy

Yes it worked that way for me.  I have mines attached to the back of my BlackBerry.  I waved the phone in front of the payment machine and it worked instantly. 

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.