Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Discover Zip Story

tag
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: My Discover Zip Story

What's the difference between this and the RFID chips card companies have been using for years?  My Blue Cash had a chip that I've been using for 3+ years.  The same is true for my Freedom card.  It sounds like this is seperate from the card, but it's the same thing, right?

I'm sure all the issuers will go to these cardless RFID chips in the next few years, but the technology has been in place for years now.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 36
way2evil
New Contributor

Nothing, its the same technology. With the Zip card, you get one silver colored card with the chip in it, and one 1" x 2" sticker card with the chip in it that you can stick on whatever you want.

Message 32 of 36
daytrade5
Contributor

@way2evil wrote:

Nothing, its the same technology. With the Zip card, you get one silver colored card with the chip in it, and one 1" x 2" sticker card with the chip in it that you can stick on whatever you want.

I wonder why Discover hasn't really advertised this card? Or, did I miss the parade? Either way I think it's cool!

Message 33 of 36
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@way2evil wrote:

Now, that raises some interesting possibilities!  Smiley Very Happy

Never mind.  I can see it now.  "Honest, Officer...I was just trying to pay for my lunch".

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason they dont advertise it. If you want the Zip stickers you have to request it. I was also able to order a Discover card with a Zip chip build in. But again, I had to request it. Its not shown online.

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.