Super Contributor
DI

Re: My Discover Zip Story

Uborrow-Upay wrote:

OK, here's the idiot question...

What the h*ll is a zip card??

I honestly don't know about it.

It's a contactless card for the elite Discover card members with uber FICO scores. 

Regular Contributor
hemi961

I don't think you have to very elite to get one. Give them a call and they'll send you one. I've had mine for several months but have only used it once and that was just to see if it worked.
Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay

hemi961, does it work if you don't touch the contactless reader?

Can't help myself, I take things literally sometimes.  Good for laughs.  :smileyvery-happy:

Valued Contributor
trumpet-205

That's cool. I'm still waiting for Citi to mail me Paypass for my Dividend Platinum Select MC. 

I find it very strange that Citi does not offer embedded Paypass credit card and instead have to get a separate payment tag, but we'll see.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi TY Preferred (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
New Contributor
josh68684

I personally love my Zip card. I actually have it behind my HTC Evo's battery cover. The Zip card comes in real handy if I ever forget my card. I just tap my phone to pay for my items. Sometimes the cashiers look confuse when I swipe my phone across the pad lol

■■■Experian - ■■■ Equifax - ■■■ TransUnion -■■■Goal: Score of 720 Across All three
Blackhawks Pictures, Images and Photos
Contributor
daytrade5

Dagumit, now I want one!

Contributor
daytrade5

josh68684 wrote:

I personally love my Zip card. I actually have it behind my HTC Evo's battery cover. The Zip card comes in real handy if I ever forget my card. I just tap my phone to pay for my items. Sometimes the cashiers look confuse when I swipe my phone across the pad lol

So where can this Zip card be used? I'm thinking mainly gas stations & pit stop locations.... Please inform me.... :smileyhappy:

Contributor
daytrade5

DI wrote:

Uborrow-Upay wrote:

It's a contactless card for the elite Discover card members with uber FICO scores. 

Just requested one... Verified some info, chatted it up a little, card's on it's way. :smileyhappy:

Super Contributor
DI

daytrade5 wrote:

DI wrote:

Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Just requested one... Verified some info, chatted it up a little, card's on it's way. :smileyhappy:

Congrats!

Super Contributor
DI

Uborrow-Upay wrote:

hemi961, does it work if you don't touch the contactless reader?

Can't help myself, I take things literally sometimes.  Good for laughs.  :smileyvery-happy:

Yes it worked that way for me.  I have mines attached to the back of my BlackBerry.  I waved the phone in front of the payment machine and it worked instantly. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+