New Contributor
josh68684

Re: My Discover Zip Story

Its accepted at gas stations, best buy, fast food resturants. I use it sometimes at my school's vending machines. Its so quick and simple. If I forget my wallet, I just use my phone to pay for items.

■■■Experian - ■■■ Equifax - ■■■ TransUnion -■■■Goal: Score of 720 Across All three
Blackhawks Pictures, Images and Photos
Contributor
daytrade5

josh68684 wrote:

Its accepted at gas stations, best buy, fast food resturants. I use it sometimes at my school's vending machines. Its so quick and simple. If I forget my wallet, I just use my phone to pay for items.

Do you guys think Discover is cranky about usage at fast food spots? I'd love to use my card at places like Wendy's & Mcdonalds on the regular...

Regular Contributor
RayRocks

Use it wherever you want to - I use mine at FF places all the time!

Ray

Current Goals:

830 FICO / ** GARDEN ** / Pay off one remaing card.

** Every Card Has a Job and Every Card Does Its Job **
Super Contributor
DI

daytrade5 wrote:

josh68684 wrote:

Do you guys think Discover is cranky about usage at fast food spots? I'd love to use my card at places like Wendy's & Mcdonalds on the regular...

Discover isn't cranky about using its cards at fast food restaurants.  But your stomach probably wil be after eating Wendy's and McDonalds.  :smileysurprised:

Senior Contributor
score_building

daytrade5 wrote:

josh68684 wrote:

Seriously doubt it, they want that business too, it's big money.

generally avoid ff these days but when grabbing a water or whatever have had no backlash using Discover.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Senior Contributor
john398

ust Re: My Discover Zip Story

[ Edited ]

barbaralee wrote:

I almost never carry cash. I very rarely need to have cash, there  are just so many places that take debit or credit. I may have a dollar or two at the bottom of my purse.

Those vending machines that take plastic are the death of me. :smileysad: My lack of cash use to work in my favor that I never had change for the vending machines. Within the last month they put a credit swiper in the machines at work and now I find myself grabbing snacks out of those machines at least twice a week. 

Just wait til the AT&T, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile  digital wallet comes out http://www.paywithisis.com/ I think it will transform a lot of things

Edit I just relized the Isis is the discover zip

New Contributor
way2evil

Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay

OK.  I'll try this one more time.  Maybe it's just me  (sigh).  :smileysad:

"Consumers simply touch a payment device to a Zip-enabled contactless reader to make a payment..."

"When you’re ready to pay, just tap your sticker or contactless card to the reader..."

If the thing is contactless... why do I need to touch it or tap it ?  Isn't that "contact" ???

Sheesh.

Established Contributor
KingAdrock

Uborrow-Upay wrote:

OK.  I'll try this one more time.  Maybe it's just me  (sigh).  :smileysad:

"Consumers simply touch a payment device to a Zip-enabled contactless reader to make a payment..."

"When you’re ready to pay, just tap your sticker or contactless card to the reader..."

If the thing is contactless... why do I need to touch it or tap it ?  Isn't that "contact" ???

Sheesh.

You don't actually have to make contact, just wave it close. But I assume it's easier to say tap or touch instead of trying to explain exactly how close you need to be for it to work.

I agree their wording is poor. "It's contactless, except that it needs contact!":smileyvery-happy:

Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay

[ Edited ]

Thank you, KingAdrock!

(Maybe I'd feel a whole lot better if they renamed this "contactless reader" something cutesy, like the "Tappy-Touchy".  If anyone from Discover sees this, you've already got my address for those royalty checks!)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}