cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Discover Zip Story

New Contributor

Re: My Discover Zip Story

Its accepted at gas stations, best buy, fast food resturants. I use it sometimes at my school's vending machines. Its so quick and simple. If I forget my wallet, I just use my phone to pay for items.

■■■Experian - ■■■ Equifax - ■■■ TransUnion -■■■Goal: Score of 720 Across All three
Blackhawks Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 21 of 36
Contributor

Re: My Discover Zip Story


josh68684 wrote:

Its accepted at gas stations, best buy, fast food resturants. I use it sometimes at my school's vending machines. Its so quick and simple. If I forget my wallet, I just use my phone to pay for items.


Do you guys think Discover is cranky about usage at fast food spots? I'd love to use my card at places like Wendy's & Mcdonalds on the regular...

Message 22 of 36
Regular Contributor

Re: My Discover Zip Story

Use it wherever you want to - I use mine at FF places all the time!

 

Ray

Current Goals:

830 FICO / ** GARDEN ** / Pay off one remaing card.

** Every Card Has a Job and Every Card Does Its Job **
Message 23 of 36
Super Contributor

Re: My Discover Zip Story


daytrade5 wrote:

josh68684 wrote:

Its accepted at gas stations, best buy, fast food resturants. I use it sometimes at my school's vending machines. Its so quick and simple. If I forget my wallet, I just use my phone to pay for items.


Do you guys think Discover is cranky about usage at fast food spots? I'd love to use my card at places like Wendy's & Mcdonalds on the regular...


Discover isn't cranky about using its cards at fast food restaurants.  But your stomach probably wil be after eating Wendy's and McDonalds.  Smiley Surprised

Message 24 of 36
Senior Contributor

Re: My Discover Zip Story


daytrade5 wrote:

josh68684 wrote:

Its accepted at gas stations, best buy, fast food resturants. I use it sometimes at my school's vending machines. Its so quick and simple. If I forget my wallet, I just use my phone to pay for items.


Do you guys think Discover is cranky about usage at fast food spots? I'd love to use my card at places like Wendy's & Mcdonalds on the regular...


Seriously doubt it, they want that business too, it's big money.

 

generally avoid ff these days but when grabbing a water or whatever have had no backlash using Discover.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 25 of 36
Senior Contributor

ust Re: My Discover Zip Story


barbaralee wrote:

I almost never carry cash. I very rarely need to have cash, there  are just so many places that take debit or credit. I may have a dollar or two at the bottom of my purse.

 

Those vending machines that take plastic are the death of me. Smiley Sad My lack of cash use to work in my favor that I never had change for the vending machines. Within the last month they put a credit swiper in the machines at work and now I find myself grabbing snacks out of those machines at least twice a week. 


Just wait til the AT&T, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile  digital wallet comes out http://www.paywithisis.com/ I think it will transform a lot of things

Edit I just relized the Isis is the discover zip

Message 26 of 36
New Contributor
Message 27 of 36
Valued Contributor

Re: My Discover Zip Story

OK.  I'll try this one more time.  Maybe it's just me  (sigh).  Smiley Sad



"Consumers simply touch a payment device to a Zip-enabled contactless reader to make a payment..."

"When you’re ready to pay, just tap your sticker or contactless card to the reader..."

 

 

 

 

If the thing is contactless... why do I need to touch it or tap it ?  Isn't that "contact" ???

 

 

Sheesh.

 

 

 

Message 28 of 36
Established Contributor

Re: My Discover Zip Story


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

OK.  I'll try this one more time.  Maybe it's just me  (sigh).  Smiley Sad



"Consumers simply touch a payment device to a Zip-enabled contactless reader to make a payment..."

"When you’re ready to pay, just tap your sticker or contactless card to the reader..."

 

 

 

 

If the thing is contactless... why do I need to touch it or tap it ?  Isn't that "contact" ???

 

 

Sheesh.


You don't actually have to make contact, just wave it close. But I assume it's easier to say tap or touch instead of trying to explain exactly how close you need to be for it to work.

 

I agree their wording is poor. "It's contactless, except that it needs contact!"Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 36
Valued Contributor

Re: My Discover Zip Story

Thank you, KingAdrock!

 

 

(Maybe I'd feel a whole lot better if they renamed this "contactless reader" something cutesy, like the "Tappy-Touchy".  If anyone from Discover sees this, you've already got my address for those royalty checks!)

 

 

 

Message 30 of 36