Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Equality Visa just Got CLD!!!

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: My Equality Visa just Got CLD!!!

@longtimelurker wrote:

Slightly OT, but what is the attraction of this card in the first place?   It seems to earn 1% rewards which get transferred to a non-profit.   Wouldn't using a 1.5 or 2% cashback card and donating the funds yourself give more to the non-profit (or give the same and earn something for yourself).   While this is more automatic, just seems inefficient if your goal is to support these organizations.

With OP having so many cards I'm sure he already has many 1.5-2% cards....I think with people who collect cards, it's not even about whether the card is attractive necessarily. They just want them. I don't mean it as an insult. But with 90+ cards some of them are probably not super useful to the person. You can't really derive meaningful usage out of 90+ cards unless your spend is many, many thousands per month.

Message 41 of 62
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I don't even think the people that run the card actually issue the card, isn't that another bank?  Probably the CEO has no control over this even though he gets back to people emails personally sometimes.  I don't think much he can do, he just runs a "niche" company, but he isn't the one putting up the money from what I think I have read in the past, it is another bank.  so ultimately the people that run the equality card have no pull I could be wrong..  Anyways, sorry to hear.

Message 42 of 62
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Everyone has different goals and agendas. Its not up to any of us to judge. I apply for cards because I like bonuses, oddball cards and having relationships with a wide variety of lenders. In some cases I've applied as GP to share my data point with the forum.

For me the attraction to Equality was a different lender, I believe in the cause and have had a very good dialogue with the CEO.
Message 43 of 62
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I don't even think the people that run the card actually issue the card, isn't that another bank?  Probably the CEO has no control over this even though he gets back to people emails personally sometimes.  I don't think much he can do, he just runs a "niche" company, but he isn't the one putting up the money from what I think I have read in the past, it is another bank.  so ultimately the people that run the equality card have no pull I could be wrong..  Anyways, sorry to hear.

They don't, it's services by First American Bank. But he's been able to provide more information than the front line CSRs (as with just about every other bank). 

Message 44 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think anyone here is judging anyone. If someone thinks that someone has to many cards, that's an opinion. We are entitled to it. We are also entitled to post our opinions. However regardless of your income, applying for cards in a short of period (I've done it, guilty here) could make you appear risky to lenders. That is a fact. No one saying how or why he was CLD, it could honestly be a mistake but given the circumstances you can't really expect people to think otherwise. I think everyone needs to respects everyone's opinion, and if people don't want others feedback (positive or negative) they shouldn't post threads.
Message 45 of 62
Ron1
Super Contributor

UPDATE: My Equality Visa was restored to $2500!!!!

I emailed to CEo. He was very nice. He emailed to someone called me. She called me to let know they put back to $2500. She told me they CLD because they cpuldn't pull credit again from EQ. She told me I was eiligible for CLI to $5K after six months. I can email her if I have any question. They were super nice.  I can PM her email address if anyone has a similar problem.  It wasn't caused by too much available credit, too many cards etc. It was caused by EQ.

Thanks to B335is for the CEO email address.

Ron.

Message 46 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad you got your credit reinstated. Like I posted before, given the circumstances you can't blame people for thinking otherwise. Nice to see it was an honest mistake.
Message 47 of 62
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm glad you got your credit reinstated. Like I posted before, given the circumstances you can't blame people for thinking otherwise. Nice to see it was an honest mistake.

Yes, I am glad it is over. They are very nice and friendly.Smiley Very Happy

Ron.

Message 48 of 62
Ron1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

They don't, it's services by First American Bank. But he's been able to provide more information than the front line CSRs (as with just about every other bank). 

They are super nice and friendly. Someone from First American State Bank called me. She told me I can email her any time if I have any question. I can ask for CLI after six months.

Ron.

Message 49 of 62
redpat
Senior Contributor

Lol!

This tread started about someone getting a CLD of $1,500 with AVAILABLE CREDIT OVER $900K.  I thought it was really comical that they would complain about such a small amount.  The $2,500 is .2% of their total limit and the CLD was .1%(yes, point 1%) that is.  Holy cow, "I want an explanation" , really why be bothered?  Do you use the card?

Yah!  Ask for a CLI in six months, god forbid CL goes under $900K, cry me a river....

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.