Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experiment with Discover Recon EO

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Experiment with Discover Recon EO

So I received a call back today... Not happy Smiley Sad. Supposedly per further review the felt my low Fico which she said would be on the letter was the reason they were unable to approve the account. She stated that it was the negatives I had blah, blah, blah.,,, I told her I understand that, which I stated they were not charge offs, I did pay the accounts in full. Regardless, I don't think they cared. Oh well, she did state she looks forward to me correcting the blemishes and extending credit at a later time. I said NO THANK YOU. I understand these mistakes were my fault, but I've corrected them. I told them I will then just keep my business with my Amex and Citi cards. Any ways, thought I would just give an update.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 11 of 21
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

My dad apped the discover it card. Was denied. So he called them to find out & they asked about his 2005 BK. He was honets with them about what happend and they aproved him for 5K. I myself was only aproved for $1,200 but hey its a start!

Message 12 of 21
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you and your dad. I'm sure it's who you talk to, and maybe circumstances. Do you know what your dads fico was? Yours?

Message 13 of 21
Kels

I know this is frustrating, but give it some time. I was DENIED for Discover last year and APPROVED for Discover this year. I did not lower my utilization or anything, I simply waited for everything to age further and continued to pay everything on time. In my case, time healed everything.

Of course if there's any baddies you could dispute on your CRs, or any balances you could pay down - that would help too.

Starting Score: 09/2012 635 EXP [myFICO]
683 EQ [myFICO] | 692 EXP [Lender] | 700 TRANS [Walmart FICO]

Current Scores are as of 08/2013: On my way to 700's. Too many Inquiries - In the GARDEN 08/2013
Message 14 of 21
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I will continue doing just that. I might head to the garden for a while and pay my cards down.

Message 15 of 21
score_building
Senior Contributor

@halos24 wrote:
Thanks, I will continue doing just that. I might head to the garden for a while and pay my cards down.

Good move app with blemished hsitory and balances reporting is a recipe for denial.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 16 of 21
nitrov
Established Contributor

@halos24 wrote:
So after my denial over the weekend with Discover It over the weekend I figured disputing the two denial reasons, but figured have nothing to loose so I emailed the CEO this morning. In my email I explained yes my dumb mistakes and reasons for the late/collections on both accounts I paid in full with Target and Cap one. I went on to say how I want to be part of the Discover family and use the card as my primary card instead of my Amex Zync and Costco Amex. Which I rack up about 2400-300k a month an PIF. I sent this my local time 4am (CA) and just 30 minutes ago received a call from a pleasant young lady from the EO. I think I'm still in shock basically 4 hours later. She told me she'll be reviewing my file with their card services and get back to me in a few days. She gave me her contact info. She told me she did listen to my phone call when I called the back door number by the way. Not getting my hopes up, but keeping my fingers crossed. Oh forgot to mention I said even a starting small cl to prove myself lol! Ill keep you guys posted.

Would you mind sharing the contact info for the EO that you used? Thank you!

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 17 of 21
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

Halos, you just need to be patient. Give it some time. Reapply at a later time. 

Message 18 of 21
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

Hi can you pls. Share with me the email that you used?
Thanks
Heart trying to reach 800! Heart
Gardening till 12/14 Smiley Tongue
Message 19 of 21
sccredit
Valued Contributor

It seems that you were just a bit premature for Discover and had too many negatives working against you.  Give it time, you'll get there.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.