Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Final App discussion

tag
nj23
Regular Contributor

Re: My Final App discussion

@bada_bing wrote:

I have 3 of the 4 cards on your list. I think Sallie Mae is a good for a universal recommendation.

I don't see how anyone couldn't use it within it's categories and caps to good advantage.

BCP is good if you have enough grocery spend to make the AF work. BCP competes with SM for

grocery spend though if you don't spend enough. I really like Amex and if I didn't have the BCP I'd

get an Amex account just to be onboard with them, probably an ED.

Freedom is a card I thought I'd use more than I do. I like Chase as a bank, but I don't have enough

category spend left over from other cards to get much benefit from Freedom. If I didn't already have

it I wouldn't app for it. If you can claim any sort of business use,  Ink cash is a good no fee card with

5% on cell phone, internet, cable and office supplies. For me the Ink is a much more useful card than

freedom. Ink was an easier and higher limit approval for me than freedom, both required a identity

verification call. I do have a legit side business and schedule C income, but they never asked at all.

Good luck whichever way you go.

Wow the Ink sounds pretty good...but I don't have any business...unless I can claim selling stuff like twice a year on ebay Smiley Very Happy

I just want to app for four cards, and those seem to be fairly agreeable.  That will still only bring me up to 5 1/2 TLs (I count my pathetic $200 Target Store Card as half...I know it's a real, whole TL, but it is pathetic and barely worth mention).  I've been thinking it over and I might do the Amazon Visa Rewards instead of Freedom, since they have a $100 off signup bonus and I have a big purchase planned.  Hmm I wonder about the timing of getting the $100 off, and then already having the Sallie to put the remainder of the purchase on and get 5% back on that...this would leave me apping for the Amazon Visa last, after I had physically received the Sallie Mae.  

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 12
nj23
Regular Contributor

Re: My Final App discussion

Hmm...

Well, I've been looking at the Chase Sapphire/CSP just for fun...and I didn't really consider that I grab food out for lunch frequently at work (and not at McDonalds...I guess it depends what is considered "dining") and I do travel at least once a year to visit relatives...so perhaps this would be a good choice.  The CSP does have a hefty AF though...I'd have to do some math to consider it's value vs. the regular Sapphire 

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.