CBTS
Frequent Contributor

My First App Spree!

07-07-13: Chase Sapphire Preferred - Instant Approval - $5k

06-22-13: AMEX PRG - Instant Aprroval - NPSL

06-20-13: AMEX BCE - Instant Approval - $2k

06-18-13: Discover IT - Instant Approval - $3.6k

A little history:

I decided to get a credit card about a year ago, I was 20 at the time. App'd for three different cards and got denied. Being completely illiterate about credit and how this game works, I was frustrated and confused with the whole chicken-or-egg fiasco (you need a credit card to build credit, but in order to get a credit card, you need credit.) It was only AFTER coming across this forum that I learned about secured cards and all the basics about credit, and got myself a CITI Secured CC. This time last year, I was sitting on just a $500 CL, and I've got almost 29 times the CL today!

Anyway, I sure am glad I found this forum, and thank you everyone for your valuable input! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: My First App Spree!

Thats an awesome spree! Congrats you did well. How did you get the CITI Secured CC? Is it still available? 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 13
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Well done! That is a solid app spree.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Great job - congrats!

Message 4 of 13
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Very nice!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 5 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 13
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Thats an awesome spree! Congrats you did well. How did you get the CITI Secured CC? Is it still available? 

They were still taking applications at that time. I just checked CITI's website, I don't think they're offering it anymore.

Message 7 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

07-07-13: Chase Sapphire Preferred - Instant Approval - $5k

06-22-13: AMEX PRG - Instant Aprroval - NPSL

06-20-13: AMEX BCE - Instant Approval - $2k

06-18-13: Discover IT - Instant Approval - $3.6k

In my view, textbook perfect!  If I were starting out, this is *exactly* how I would approach it.

Message 8 of 13
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! I really wanna make my way to the garden, but the low limit cards are holding me back...

Message 9 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

Thanks everyone! I really wanna make my way to the garden, but the low limit cards are holding me back...

Since you have gotten nice card limits recently IMHO I would garden now and see if some of your lower limit cards do auto CLI's when they review your accounts and see the other limits to try and get your business back 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.