Frequent Contributor
Scuba

My First Chase CC Mail Offer - Ever - For Marriott CC

HI

There was a tremor in the force over the weekend :smileyvery-happy: as I received my first ever Chase pre-approved direct mail offer. 

I applied 2x about 18 months ago and was turned down both times and haven't even been to their website since.  I have my checking acct with them and I don't trust the  Chase CC offers.  

Before my 2 most recent CC approvals post to my CR, I would not mind pulling the trigger but I don't think I have a chance for approval when 2 new cards post any day now so I would have to act quickly.

So many Forum members have knowledge of Chase - what is my chance of getting a Chase card if I respond to their offer?

Valued Contributor
vish1

Re: My First Chase CC Mail Offer - Ever - For Marriott CC

Scuba wrote:

HI

There was a tremor in the force over the weekend :smileyvery-happy: as I received my first ever Chase pre-approved direct mail offer. 

I applied 2x about 18 months ago and was turned down both times and haven't even been to their website since.  I have my checking acct with them and I don't trust the  Chase CC offers.  

Before my 2 most recent CC approvals post to my CR, I would not mind pulling the trigger but I don't think I have a chance for approval when 2 new cards post any day now so I would have to act quickly.

So many Forum members have knowledge of Chase - what is my chance of getting a Chase card if I respond to their offer?

What does your scores look like? What other cards do you have? Which other cards did you recently get? How many Inq?

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Frequent Contributor
Scuba

I think they pull EX in CA and I don't know that one but TU is 726 (I had to have > balances post to get it) otherwise it is 721. . . . go figure.  Bunches of old baddies 3 years ago nothing since and never again.

EQ is 700 but one more inquiry here (like Discover) and I slip below 700 for 6 monts so I have to be careful.

Inquiries are 2 on TU, 0 on EQ and 4 on EX as everyone seems to pull EX and that is what I think they will look at.  I bet when they softed me for the offer I only had 1 inquiry on EX.

3% utility.  When my 2 new accoutns post very soon, I will loose points for 6 months I bet.

Valued Contributor
vish1

What other credit cards do you own?

Which ones did you recently get approved for?

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Frequent Contributor
Scuba

I don't even have the card yet but about 2 weeks ago I was approved for a Barclay Spirit Air (I wouldnt ecomend it) got a low balance 2K and high interest rate if I dont get the card, I am not going to call them that is how disapointed I am in them.

A CU card I expext this week and I now am back with US Bank - both of which I expect to post soon on the CR.

US Bank is a low line but since they are, IMO, uber prine, I can live with that. 

Valued Contributor
vish1

Barclay's HOLD TIGHT, don't apply for anything for the next few months...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+