Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Chase CC Mail Offer - Ever - For Marriott CC

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

My First Chase CC Mail Offer - Ever - For Marriott CC

HI

There was a tremor in the force over the weekend Smiley Very Happy as I received my first ever Chase pre-approved direct mail offer. 

I applied 2x about 18 months ago and was turned down both times and haven't even been to their website since.  I have my checking acct with them and I don't trust the  Chase CC offers.  

Before my 2 most recent CC approvals post to my CR, I would not mind pulling the trigger but I don't think I have a chance for approval when 2 new cards post any day now so I would have to act quickly.

So many Forum members have knowledge of Chase - what is my chance of getting a Chase card if I respond to their offer?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: My First Chase CC Mail Offer - Ever - For Marriott CC

@Scuba wrote:

HI

There was a tremor in the force over the weekend Smiley Very Happy as I received my first ever Chase pre-approved direct mail offer. 

I applied 2x about 18 months ago and was turned down both times and haven't even been to their website since.  I have my checking acct with them and I don't trust the  Chase CC offers.  

Before my 2 most recent CC approvals post to my CR, I would not mind pulling the trigger but I don't think I have a chance for approval when 2 new cards post any day now so I would have to act quickly.

So many Forum members have knowledge of Chase - what is my chance of getting a Chase card if I respond to their offer?

What does your scores look like? What other cards do you have? Which other cards did you recently get? How many Inq?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 6
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I think they pull EX in CA and I don't know that one but TU is 726 (I had to have > balances post to get it) otherwise it is 721. . . . go figure.  Bunches of old baddies 3 years ago nothing since and never again.

EQ is 700 but one more inquiry here (like Discover) and I slip below 700 for 6 monts so I have to be careful.

Inquiries are 2 on TU, 0 on EQ and 4 on EX as everyone seems to pull EX and that is what I think they will look at.  I bet when they softed me for the offer I only had 1 inquiry on EX.

3% utility.  When my 2 new accoutns post very soon, I will loose points for 6 months I bet.

Message 3 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

What other credit cards do you own?

Which ones did you recently get approved for?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 6
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I don't even have the card yet but about 2 weeks ago I was approved for a Barclay Spirit Air (I wouldnt ecomend it) got a low balance 2K and high interest rate if I dont get the card, I am not going to call them that is how disapointed I am in them.

A CU card I expext this week and I now am back with US Bank - both of which I expect to post soon on the CR.

US Bank is a low line but since they are, IMO, uber prine, I can live with that. 

Message 5 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

Barclay's HOLD TIGHT, don't apply for anything for the next few months...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.