Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Hyatt card came today!

tag
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

My Hyatt card came today!

And it's actually a really nice looking card, which was a pleasant surprise. And it's my first card with an EMV chip!

It arrived just in time for the vacation I'm going on in just 5 days...I suspect my 2 free night bonus will be mainly achieved by restaurant purchases :-D

I'm glad the post about the Hyatt card lured me out of the garden... EMV chip, no FTF, and a free night every year! Makes the $75 annual fee seem like it will be worth it after I'm done with the first "free" year.
TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: My Hyatt card came today!

Message 2 of 15
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Yup, the Hyatt card is one of those to keep forever (assuming you stay at Hyatts annually anyway...)

Message 3 of 15
resilient
Established Contributor

Those two free nights on that card are worth more than the annual fee itself! I used mine at the Grand Hyatt in Atlanta, at $130 per night!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 4 of 15
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@resilient wrote:

Those two free nights on that card are worth more than the annual fee itself! I used mine at the Grand Hyatt in Atlanta, at $130 per night!

Awesome, but not awesome enough! You should of went to the Paris Vendome, worth $900 a night! or Hyatt Maldives, around $1100 a night right now... Smiley Surprised

I'm waiting to app for the Hyatt card after my mortgage, and off to the Maldives!

Message 5 of 15
resilient
Established Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Awesome, but not awesome enough! You should of went to the Paris Vendome, worth $900 a night! or Hyatt Maldives, around $1100 a night right now... Smiley Surprised

I'm waiting to app for the Hyatt card after my mortgage, and off to the Maldives!

Yea, I know If I had the money to go there, I would've use it there lol, so the most expensive in my area was Atlanta.....would've loved to used it at a super expensive one though

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 6 of 15
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@resilient wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Yea, I know If I had the money to go there, I would've use it there lol, so the most expensive in my area was Atlanta.....would've loved to used it at a super expensive one though

lol, gotcha, still worth it!

Next time save up some air miles and hyatt points, and you'll have the best of both worlds!

Message 7 of 15
Xer0_SiN
New Contributor

as a recent hyatt aprovee, congrats! i cant wait to get mine in Smiley Happy.
NFCU Cash #1: 15000, NFCU Cash #2: 15000, USAA Plat: 10000, USAA AMEX: 10000, Local CU #1: 7500, Chase Hyatt: 5000, NASA FCU: 5000, SDFCU: 5000, FNBO: 5000, Militarystar: 4700, Chase Militarystar: 4700, Local CU #2: 3000, Chase Ink Classic: 3000 Zales: 2700 Discover IT: 1500, GE Amazon: 1400, GE Walmart: 1400, Target: 500, GE Dillards: 300
NFCU LOC: 15000, Local CU LOC: 3000
Message 8 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@isoldmyatlas wrote:
And it's actually a really nice looking card, which was a pleasant surprise. And it's my first card with an EMV chip!

It arrived just in time for the vacation I'm going on in just 5 days...I suspect my 2 free night bonus will be mainly achieved by restaurant purchases :-D

I'm glad the post about the Hyatt card lured me out of the garden... EMV chip, no FTF, and a free night every year! Makes the $75 annual fee seem like it will be worth it after I'm done with the first "free" year.

Glad it came just in time Yay

Have a wonderful vacation and enjoy yourself 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 15
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new card! Enjoy your vacation!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.