Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Last Words to US Bank Kroger 123 Card

tag
DI
Super Contributor

My Last Words to US Bank Kroger 123 Card

The $10 payment is on its way from my bank.  Close the account immediately.  You people are loan sharks.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Last Words to US Bank Kroger 123 Card

I must have missed what US Bank Kroger did to you, but I'm sure you did the right thing, good for you Bro!!!

Message 2 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I must have missed what US Bank Kroger did to you, but I'm sure you did the right thing, good for you Bro!!!

I recently opened a Savings and Checking account with USAA.  To fund the accounts, I had USAA to debit $50 from my Kroger card since I had not used it since December 2010.  When the $50 posted, an additional $10 appeared as a cash advance fee.  I had no idea I'd be charged a cash advance fee.

I had aleady sent the $50 to US Bank and the payment had posted.  I asked US Bank if they can waived the $10 fee as a one time courtesy.  The Rep said since the cash advance is valid they will  not waive the fee.    I responded back to them with those last words. 

Message 3 of 28
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I looked at their terms and conditions, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary except an APR that seems typical for store cards.  I look forward to hearing the saga of the US Bank Kroger 123 Card.  I like a good story.

I dislike my Sam's Club Credit card intensely, although they haven't done anything to me that I didn't allow them to do.  I consider GE Money Bank to be loan sharks.

Established Contributor

No offense, DI, but don't you know (I mean, isn't it typical) that anytime you use a credit card for cash purposes, it is treated as a cash advance transaction?

Super Contributor

I blame it on myself.  I just felt like they'd atleast waive the fee.  I guess they found a way to get $10 back from the $50 gift card they gave me.  I'm still ahead. 

Message 6 of 28
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

That is cheesy of them.  I am glad you are still ahead.  I am so tired of cheezy, sleezy card companies and when I pay off my Sam's Club, I wll be done with them.  On to bigger and better things.

A REAL credit card company will waive a fee for you.  The loan shark companies know that there is fresh meat for them right around the corner so they don't mind losing a customer.

Super Contributor

My credit reports don't need US Bank $5300 credit line since its about to get  $17,000 in new credit reported soon. 

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

My credit reports don't need US Bank $5300 credit line since its about to get  $17,000 in new credit reported soon. 

They should have waived the fee, whats $10 to them??? 17,000 in new credit??????????? You get yourself some new sweet CC's or some CLI's? Congrats on that!!!!

Message 9 of 28
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I looked at their terms and conditions, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary except an APR that seems typical for store cards.  I look forward to hearing the saga of the US Bank Kroger 123 Card.  I like a good story.

I dislike my Sam's Club Credit card intensely, although they haven't done anything to me that I didn't allow them to do.  I consider GE Money Bank to be loan sharks.

Same here! (grabbing popcorn...)

Good luck, DI! Keep us posted.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.