tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Macys CLI

According to my CR, here is my Macys timeline:

1994: Opened with a $500 CL
2000: Last used with a $500 CL, largest balance, $170
2007:

October, I tried to use it because I saw it was listed as open in my CR, charged $149.
November, PIF and balance increases to $800.

First, I'm amazed it was still open. Second, do I wait 7-13 years for another CLI? Ha!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Macys CLI

I hope not, I have this card...lol!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called in a couple weeks ago to give proof of identity, the rep told me that if I used it three months in a row, I'd get a CLI. Not sure if I have to call back in for it, but we'll find out. Started at $400.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penguin

That is interesting I had a Macy's card maybe a few years after yours and I thought I closed it, I might need to check and see so I can put some activity on it.  I think my CLI was 800 then maybe I can get 1500 out of them at least. Hmmm...
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaybee, let us know how it goes!

BTW, for any Macys card holders who are looking to exercise their cards a little, they have a promo on their web site for today, orders over $75 get free shipping with code, BIGDAY.

Enjoy. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 12
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Just an FYI... I havent used my Macy's card in about 3 years... Just used it last week to keep it alive..charged a $30.00 shirt (didnt even like it) and guess what shows up on my cr?! A HARD inq from Macy's! GRrrrrr
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

scramblingin2007 wrote:
Just an FYI... I havent used my Macy's card in about 3 years... Just used it last week to keep it alive..charged a $30.00 shirt (didnt even like it) and guess what shows up on my cr?! A HARD inq from Macy's! GRrrrrr

Geez I would call them.  You didn't apply for any new credit.  Now had they cancelled it for inactivity and told you that, that would be deifferent.  Have you checked your limit?

Message 7 of 12
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Brammy wrote:

scramblingin2007 wrote:

Geez I would call them.  You didn't apply for any new credit.  Now had they cancelled it for inactivity and told you that, that would be deifferent.  Have you checked your limit?

Hi Brammy, No it wasn't closed, I had called before I used it and she said it was still open with a $500 limit. I asked for a cli and she said since it's been inactive for a few years I would have to use the card for 4 months before getting a cli. When I went up to the register to charge the ugly shirt the girl asked me for my license, I asked her why and she said since I havent used the card in a long time...but never said she was doing a hard inq... I will call them though cause it does not seem right to do an inq on an already opened account...
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely check to see if they raised the limit.  If not I would contact customer service and dispute the inquiry since you never gave permission.  Heck I would dispute it anyway, limit increase or not.
Message 9 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

PenguinGeek wrote:
According to my CR, here is my Macys timeline:

1994: Opened with a $500 CL
2000: Last used with a $500 CL, largest balance, $170
2007:

October, I tried to use it because I saw it was listed as open in my CR, charged $149.
November, PIF and balance increases to $800.

First, I'm amazed it was still open. Second, do I wait 7-13 years for another CLI? Ha!

I opened my macy's CC in 12/05 and made periodic charges online and always PIF before the statement date online. After about nine months, I noticed on my CRs that my CL increased to 2K without asking for one. No hard either.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.