cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Orchard card made unsecured! Can this be?

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Orchard card made unsecured! Can this be?

@Anonymous wrote:
My Orchard was never secured. But I closed when they would not waive the a/f

Did you ever get a cli?
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 11 of 12
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Orchard card made unsecured! Can this be?

@sammyfire2001 wrote:
I originally tacked this onto one of my previous threads but thought it was better to start a new thread instead.

Just a little history: I wanted to close my Orchard account because it was unsecured and has an annual fee. So I did a BT to my new Chase Freedom card last week. As of today my Orchard balance is at 0.

I called Orchard this morning to close the account. The CSR asked me why I was closing the account and I told her it was because I don't want to pay an annual fee and I no longer need a secured account.

She then asked to put me on hold. When she returned she said she couldn't waive the fee but asked if I asked if I would be interested in her helping me with making the card unsecured and I said sure. So then she put me on hold again for 3 mins and when she returned she said that my request had been approved to make the account unsecured.

Reading the past posts and speaking with orchard in past has lead me to believe that Orchard makes it difficult to unsecured a card and if it happens it normally takes at least 18 mos. I've only had my card exactly 1 year this August. I wonder what gives? Did she just like the sound of my voice?

So who thinks I should keep the now unsecured card? Who thinks I should still ditch orchard because they basically suck?

Message Edited by sammyfire2001 on 08-18-2008 11:54 AM

So I thought that Orchard suddenly agreeing to make my card unsecured after only a year was VERY suspect. So I called today just to confirm that the card was indeed going to be made unsecured.

When I called the CSR informed me that only a request had been sent and that a decision would be made in 10 days. I then informed her that it wouldn't be made in 10 days because I'm closing my account today! After a few mins of trying to get me to stay she finally gave up. So soon I will be orchard free! yay!!!
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.