Established Contributor
beenthere

My Own Credit Freeze

You know what? A year ago this just wouldn't due but today it's looking pretty darned good. I got an $1800 Hooters Card that has no AF and gets CLIs. I got a $2500 Juniper with no AF and has 7.9% APR. The more I think about it, the more this sounds just fine. The more I think about stepping to the left or stepping to the right, the more some senerio pops into my head that says I could be shot. I don't owe anything on these cards. So far they are not threatening me. I don't care what happens to my store cards. I'm sticking until this thing blows over even if it takes years.
1-14-08....... TU=683, EQ=667, EX=666
7-04-08....... TU=688, EQ=678, EX=682.......
.......4 of my 5 cards and a new car later.
2/13/09 and forever EX 693
Established Contributor
Ulan

Re: My Own Credit Freeze

It's nice you can do that. It's also nice that I can do the same :smileywink:. I just looked at my account summaries, and my total outstanding balances sum up to $26 or somesuch. It feels good. At the moment, I'm not overly worried about any adverse action. If some ccc wants to play stupid games, it can go ahead. 

I just think of those people who got into dire straits. If you lose your job or run up huge medical bills, I can understand when your credit tanks. This can happen to nearly everyone. I personally just try to avoid the really stupid mistakes in future :smileyvery-happy:. That's the least I can do :smileywink:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}