Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Primor cards are now reporting as Berkshire Hills

tag
Geordi
Regular Contributor

My Primor cards are now reporting as Berkshire Hills

Looks like Berkshire Hills acquired First Choice Bank on June 27, 2016 and the merger is now completed.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/berkshire-hills-to-acquire-first-choice-bank-300290439.html

So I wonder what the future holds for those of us with Primor secured cards?

Does anyone know anything about Berkshire Hills? On their website they have both consumer and business credit cards. Also both secured and unsecured credit cards.

I was seriously considering closing both of my Primor cards but now I am going to wait for a year to see if anything good becomes of this. In particular whether the future holds the possibility of gradulation.  Anyways, it is always good to hope.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: My Primor cards are now reporting as Berkshire Hills

@Geordi wrote:

Looks like Berkshire Hills acquired First Choice Bank on June 27, 2016 and the merger is now completed.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/berkshire-hills-to-acquire-first-choice-bank-300290439.html

Does anyone know anything about Berkshire Hills? On their website they have both consumer and business credit cards. Also both secured and unsecured credit cards.

I was seriously considering closing both of my Primor cards but now I am going to wait for a year to see if anything good becomes of this. In particular whether the future holds the possibility of gradulation.  Anyways, it is always good to hope.

Berkshire Bank's credit cards are issued by Elan.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 7
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@Geordi wrote:

Berkshire Bank's credit cards are issued by Elan.

Welll I am going to let the dust settle and see when or if existing Primor cards shall be re-issued.

Message 3 of 7
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Mine reported Berkshire then changed back to first choice on Equifax

ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 4 of 7
tlavery
Contributor

I know this is a bit old, but worth a try.  Does the primor card show up on your credit report as a secured card?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if this reports as unsecured with Berkshire now? Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if this reports as unsecured with Berkshire now? Thanks!

As of September 1st, Green Dot purchased First Choice Bank credit card portfolio.

My credit repair phase is now complete with scores in the mid to upper 600s.

I am closing my two Primor cards since they have served their purpose.

Geordi

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.