cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pulaski credit card being bought over by Bank of America. Will it affect my credit ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Pulaski credit card being bought over by Bank of America. Will it affect my credit ?

I have had a credit card with Pulaski bank for several years now. They notified me that their credit card division was being bought over by Bank of America. Will this affect my credit at all ? I logged onto Bank of America today ( I have to existing accounts with them) and noticed that I had a new account...presumably the Pulaski account. They still have not updated the balance however...it just says balance of zero. Interestingly, I logged into my Pulaski account and that account is still there as well...with correct balances. Will my credit show an additional account being opened or does their system transfer procedure prevent this from affecting someone's credit. Thanks !
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Pulaski credit card being bought over by Bank of America. Will it affect my credit ?

Most likely you will end up with a new BofA account on your CRs, but with all the history of the old account.  As long as it inherits the history, FICO won't see it as a new account.

Message 2 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: My Pulaski credit card being bought over by Bank of America. Will it affect my credit ?

Wow, Pulaski along with Simmons was one of the creme-de-la-creme cards! They must have gotten tired of trying to service the card with their relatively limited financial resources.

Interesting! I wonder if they'll stay at the top of those best-card lists that you see every now and then.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 11
dizzier
Established Contributor

i'd be interested to know what kind of BOA card it is going to be replaced with.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 4 of 11
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Serious bummer - that was an uber-primo card.
Message 5 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

jmbfl wrote:

Yes indeed!
Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused wrote:

@jmbfl wrote:

Yes indeed!

Could be that they'll just keep the card design and name, but it will be serviced by BofA.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFDR?
Message 8 of 11
athensguy
Valued Contributor

BoA doesn't treat their purchased cards as well as their original cardholders from what I've seen.
Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My moms Fifth Third Bank card got taken over by BofA. (they issued plan Visa Plat.)
Interesting thing though is, My dads 5/3 account DID NOT get taken over also.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.