Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rainy Day!!

tag
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

My Rainy Day!!

Hello all.

So I was doing the usual PIF for the previous week.  And when I got to my PayPal card I though I should call and ask why when requesting CLI they used a report over 60 days old.  My first experience went as followed.

Call to Credit Solutions.  Gentlemen answers phone and I ask about my recent request.  He said I should request another.  I didn't really want to but it was a SP so nothing to lose.  He came back with File has a freeze (that is why old report was used)  Ok I say I will call back after I unfreeze.  He gave me a transaction number.  I wasn't even gonna call back because I had my answer but I figure I went this far why not nothing better to do.

Unfreeze report and call back.  This time a lady.  Ask me some questions and puts me on hold.  Then comes back and ask me a few more.  Puts me on hold again.  Then call waiting from private ( I should answer I was thinking but I do not).  She comes back and said sorry I can not help you. Letter will be mailed.  Conversation is over.

I listen to message.  It was her and said that I was tiring to increase my limit and that I needed to call.  I didn't want to be rude and answer while on hold but I had a feeling It was GE.  Now I think great I have to call again.

Call again.  I get a different lady this time and tell her what happened.  I give the trans # and we start all over again.  She puts me on hold and private number calls again. I answer this time and she explains that I am requesting CLI am I aware.  Put back on hold again.  She comes back say no can do letter will be in the mail.

So now I want to see my scores.  Last time I tried to order I was told I have to call and to have all statements handy.  So I gathered everything and placed the call.  After total time of 15 mins (mostly holding).  I was told that I have to unfreeze my reports.  I don't need my scores that bad and I just got done refreezing my transunion.  Not worth money to do it again.  CLI yes score NO.

While on the phone with myfico my daughter emptied entire contents of wallet on the floor.  There it was that ugly Matrix Discover.  It did its job but is no longer useful.  So I give them a call and tell I want to close it. They should have a disclaimer while on hold, Warning CSR are not Very Friendly!    But after a bit of attitude I was was told my money wont be here till over 90days not to call looking for it.  But success it is closed.   Thanks for listening to my rant have a good day!

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: My Rainy Day!!

Wow sorry to hear Smiley Sad

Let us know what the GE letter says

Also WTG on axing that matrix discover!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Now knowing the hoops needed to jump through I will be prepared for future requests. I really didn't want to request cli at this time but that seemed to be the only way to get the answer I was looking for. I will be staying away from any type of cli request for probably 6 months. I don't know how they would treat this request log. 3 seperate or just one either way best to wait.

It did feel kinda nice plucking that weed. I am going increase applied. That may help limit future cli. Thinking 1500 more.
Message 3 of 7
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Update:
Got one letter in the mail and it again had a score of 663 and dated for February 7 2013. Maybe it was from the first call of the day when i was advised to unfreeze and call back. But if not i have no clue as why GE is using an old score to base my CLI requests. I will have to wait and see if I get anymore letters. Also despite the extraordinary customer service at continental finance (sarcasm) I received the check for my deposit the same day as letter from GE.
Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@staifokuzed wrote:
Update:
Got one letter in the mail and it again had a score of 663 and dated for February 7 2013. Maybe it was from the first call of the day when i was advised to unfreeze and call back. But if not i have no clue as why GE is using an old score to base my CLI requests. I will have to wait and see if I get anymore letters. Also despite the extraordinary customer service at continental finance (sarcasm) I received the check for my deposit the same day as letter from GE.

What were the denial reasons???

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/GE-CLI-Question-and-other-Questions/m-p/2085309

Same exact letter I received as in this post. When I called I wanted to know why a report was used that was over 60 days. I checked my TU and was SP on 4/29. Date requested. Because there was three individual calls maybe the first used the old score( just a GUESS). I am not sure at this point why old report was used.
I am going to wait a while before calling because I have to unfreeze report with a CLI request. Sometime between July and October.

I do use the card heavily but pay it off weekly usually report balance under 100. Last statement was 57 of 805 reported Cl 1000.
Message 6 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

That is very weird. My Credit Solutions CLIs wete all done on that days SP they did

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.