Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Story Macy's Amex Upgrade!!!!

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

My Story Macy's Amex Upgrade!!!!

Well yesterday evening I called Macy's backdoor number to place a request for an upgrade I currently have the platinium store card, the process was quick the rep only ask a few security questions, and ask was my salary still the same that they have on record and if I owned my own home end of conversation.  I checked my reports afterwards no hard pull from Macy's noted, Today I checked my reports again no hard pull from EX, EQ, or TU, and to my surprise I went to Macy's online account and now I see

my platinium store card changed to the Black Preferred Macy's Amex, I cannot believe it, so QUICK!!!! just in a 1 day's time. Also maybe Macy's is being more lenient on the hard pull to upgrade?? Hope that is the case but,   Does anyone know if it is too soon to find out the credit limit and what telephone number I should call, thanks for any information....

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: My Story Macy's Amex Upgrade!!!!

@tray wrote:

Well yesterday evening I called Macy's backdoor number to place a request for an upgrade I currently have the platinium store card, the process was quick the rep only ask a few security questions, and ask was my salary still the same that they have on record and if I owned my own home end of conversation.  I checked my reports afterwards no hard pull from Macy's noted, Today I checked my reports again no hard pull from EX, EQ, or TU, and to my surprise I went to Macy's online account and now I see

my platinium store card changed to the Black Preferred Macy's Amex, I cannot believe it, so QUICK!!!! just in a 1 day's time. Also maybe Macy's is being more lenient on the hard pull to upgrade?? Hope that is the case but,   Does anyone know if it is too soon to find out the credit limit and what telephone number I should call, thanks for any information....

Based on some of the other threads I read calling in trying to find out what seems so simple many times made things crazy confusing and complicated by being told completely wrong information that then got the cardholder calling other people and other departments and just messed things up... I would just wait till you get the card and then can add it to your online profile and just look yourself at that point.

Message 2 of 21
tray
Valued Contributor

Thanks Creditaddict you are right, I tried calling macy's and the automated system is stating my account information can not  be accessed which has never happened before so I will just wait it out...

Message 3 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I couldn't access the account information on the telephone right after I saw it online either. You may be able to wait a few days and when the account is fully setup you should be able to access it via the automated telephone system.

Message 4 of 21
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Let us know how it reports, if it adds a second new TL with new opening date or replaces your existing store TL? Thanks.

Message 5 of 21
tray
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Let us know how it reports, if it adds a second new TL with new opening date or replaces your existing store TL? Thanks.

i will let you know....

Message 6 of 21
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

I called Macy's on Wednesday for a CLI on my rarely used Red Star Store card. My CL was $2800, and I asked for $1000 CLI, and it was approved immediately. While I had them on the phone, I asked for an upgrade to the Macy's AMEX card. The CSR verified my annual income, mortgage payment amount and also asked what the market value for was currently! I gave all the info and the next morning Iogged onto my account and saw a new AMEX card listed. Since it doen't show your credit limit on-line, I called the automated line and it dais my limit on the AMEX was $8,000. No hard pull either! Very pleased with Macys, to say the least!

Message 7 of 21
tray
Valued Contributor

@thebostonredsox wrote:

I called Macy's on Wednesday for a CLI on my rarely used Red Star Store card. My CL was $2800, and I asked for $1000 CLI, and it was approved immediately. While I had them on the phone, I asked for an upgrade to the Macy's AMEX card. The CSR verified my annual income, mortgage payment amount and also asked what the market value for was currently! I gave all the info and the next morning Iogged onto my account and saw a new AMEX card listed. Since it doen't show your credit limit on-line, I called the automated line and it dais my limit on the AMEX was $8,000. No hard pull either! Very pleased with Macys, to say the least!

Congratulations on your new card, nice cl too, was you able to find out your card amount the same day, did you call the number in back of your store card, thanks for any information... my account information seems to be in limbo now....

Message 8 of 21
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats on upgrade and w/o HP the best of both worlds...Enjoy !!!!!

Message 9 of 21
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

I had to call the automated phone system to find out what my AMEX credit line was.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.