Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Synchrony Nightmare.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Synchrony Nightmare.

I have been reading stuff as to what has been going on with Synchrony as to where they have been locking out accounts etc etc. I did have my accounts locked out last month. After taking to Fraud department which they have no clue as to whats going on I did blue envelope which I have no issue giving my personal information regarding tax to Sync themselves but not to LexusN which they're third nightmare I don't want to be a part of. Before I could even take a breath and try to resolve this matter Sync does a crazy thing which has literally blew my mind. I have never not once been late on any payment what so ever I owe like 1-2grand per account which a few I have paid off, now out of no where their minimum has sky rocketed so high which doesn't work around my payment schedule. I mean heres an example Sams Club MC I owe $3,450 last month minimum was like 80 something nothing has changed since then since all of my accounts are locked which by the way is such a pain in the Bleep because now you have to call them to make a payment and through automated system if you cant get through they charge $10 to talk to a live person **bleep** anywho so now my minimum is $475? I mean really? the hell Sync? SOOOOOO done with them.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: My Synchrony Nightmare.

Your minimum payment on a $3450 balance is $475?, whoa what's going on there? Has anything in your overall profile outside of synchrony changed? Somethings rotten in the state of Denmark here. Good luck getting through to a live person and getting some info on this.
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing has changed at all no missed payments what so ever. I have been paying them through automated before due dates etc etc. Just puzzling. All this crazyness started when they froze my accounts, My Amex etc etc all perfectly fine its just only Synch >.<

Message 3 of 34
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Very strange indeed. Well I guess it's the end of the road for you and synchrony, I am glad I don't have much with them, sounds like they are becoming the new Comenity.
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is indeed over between me and Sync a whole solid year good relations with them and poof. I mean don't fix which aint broken Ah well. I'm sure many others are following the same who I in the whole lock account business, before was only a few secs of making a payment now like 5-10mins over the phone >.<

Message 5 of 34
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Yep your not the only one that's for sure, but I can't recall anyone reporting their minimum payment shooting up so dramatically, that's rough.
Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! What another strange twist to the Sync craziness. That $475 minumum is one big middle finger to a good customer. I don't know your income OP, but I imagine plenty of people would be destroyed if that was suddenly a required payment in their monthly budget. 

I know if a card issuer closes your account, they have to honor the original terms, but is there any protection on minimum payments?

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

With car payments, rent, being head of household meh I can't handle that high of minimum which would set everything back. I've called them they said they can't do anything about it and they'll look into it? I think not they won't.

Message 8 of 34
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@creditguy wrote:
Yep your not the only one that's for sure, but I can't recall anyone reporting their minimum payment shooting up so dramatically, that's rough.

+1

That sounds absolutely crazy. 

OP, if there truly are no fees or late payments involved, I would definitely escalate this with Synchrony.  (Note that I'm not doubting your word, I only mention it again to make sure my understanding is clear.)

As for the payment, if it were me I would simplify matters and 'push' the payment from my own bank's bill pay.  I do this each month with my Sam's Club MC... it does take a couple of days to post, but so far it's worked out really well.  Smiley Wink

There's no way I would bother with a 10 minute phone tree each month; as a last-resort I would even pay at Sam's or Wal-Mart or even mail a paper check before I would put up with that nonsense.  Smiley Frustrated

Please keep us posted on how things go. 

Message 9 of 34
elim
Senior Contributor

I actually SD'd my two Synch cards (over 2 years old) until this calms down. Don't want the hassle.  GL OP.   BT that stuff off and good riddance.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.