Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My addiction being cured lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My addiction being cured lol

So I'm fairly new to this forum but I can already see it has had a "bad" effect on me, I'm always telling myself do I need any more credit card? And I say no but I'll apply for one... here's the list of cards I have.

Amex Everyday 

$1000

discover it 

$2000

Amazon Prime Signature 

$2000

Amex PRG 

Gap visa 

$1600 (will be closing after I use my $150 dollars in rewards there)

Capital one QS1

$1,100

capital one Platinum 

$500

Citi diamond preferred (mistake)

$2,800

cards I've applied to 

CSP (my favorite and dream card) I'm going to get denied because I forgot about the 5/24 rule.... so that's a no

US Bank cash+ probably gonna get denied for the signature so my hope is the regular Cash+ visa platinum 

my scores are EXP 707.   EQ 722.   TU 709

i figured I just took a wild chance at those cards since "WTH" I might as well. 

Well this is now now off to the garden for two years to start with a clan slate and no inquiries. 

So so this might be a good bye lol 

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My addiction being cured lol

That's a good amount of cards! I'd let them grow now and spend some good quality time in the garden! 

Message 2 of 10
Regular Contributor

Then you can be like me. I credit card spreed in 2015 and its been almost the two years since then, and I will have ZERO hard inquiries in a few months

American Express Blue Cash Every | Discover it | Citi Double Cash | Citi Custom Cash (10/2021) | Bank of America Cash Rewards | Chase Slate | Capital One Quicksilver | Amazon Store Card | PayPal Credit | J. Crew | Old Navy | Experian: 785 Equifax: 798 Transunion: 777 |
Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just PC the DP to a DC and just say buh bye nowSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not a big fan of the DC ...... I'm loyal to my Quicksilver.... maybe a pc to a Thank you? Or what other good options for Citi any time of rewards. ?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to mention that all of your cards have small limits. If you are interested in larger limits, I would stop apping until you are out of the small limit bucket.

Message 6 of 10
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just want to mention that all of your cards have small limits. If you are interested in larger limits, I would stop apping until you are out of the small limit bucket.

So how does one get out of the bucket?

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Kentucky's or credit?Smiley Wink

Seriously, i would think by just taking a break from apping, letting them age and allowing them to grow. Once those limits rise, the next apps will be more favorable. The Amex and Discover can grow nicely within a year so imagine where op will be in a year with no more hps, a year more of history and higher limits, plus his/ her score should riseSmiley Happy.
Message 8 of 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

What's wrong with the DC?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC.

What he said. :-)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.