Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My addiction...will it ever end?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My addiction...will it ever end?

I have 8 CCs now. Per the other threads, I want to close one, but I'm thinking not, after hearing the feedback...still pondering...

I really want to streamline my credit. I currently have over 100K in available in credit (all rewards cards now) - but I'm obessed with getting rewards and more rewards. Which I know...is futile ---- since award programs are being reduced/eliminated daily. However, I really like that HSBC weekend card with 2% cash back and the Citi Amex Platinum with Airport lounge access and free credit monitoring for a small AF. 

Geeze --- I'm sick. Also, I know if I start apping it could potentially harm me other CCs/TLS - so I won't. But, I really want to!! =P

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: My addiction...will it ever end?

Oh...I totally understand!  I remember when I couldn't get one to save my backside!!!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Geeze --- I'm sick. Also, I know if I start apping it could potentially harm me other CCs/TLS - so I won't. But, I really want to!! =P

I have not seen anyone post about a CLD or some other AA based on getting new credit or applying for it but these days who knows.

What I might be tempted to do in your case is to get hard copies of my CR from the directly CRAs and see who has been peeking at my CR.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marty56 wrote:

I have not seen anyone post about a CLD or some other AA based on getting new credit or applying for it but these days who knows.

What I might be tempted to do in your case is to get hard copies of my CR from the directly CRAs and see who has been peeking at my CR.

Funny you mention that --- I just did that. Amex has been doing monthly ARs vis a vi soft inqs, Citi has been trying to offer me stuff, and Chase and USAA have been also checking on me w/ soft ARs I presume.

However, looking over the long list, I would say CCCs have been taking 1/2 as many peeks since last year...indeed, interesting times...

Message 4 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

GEMB had been doing that to me on both my GEMB accounts evey month until about 6 months ago.

I do not believe the every month pull is being done for my benefit.  IMHO its a precursor to CLD.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.