Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My apartment accepts CC for rent!

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: My apartment accepts CC for rent!

Serve can be loaded directly with CC, as a purchase.

Message 21 of 43
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

ISIS doesn't support my cell service :[

You still can do plain old serve that has 1000 max per month,I think its 200 max per day 

Wait, you can only charge $1000 per month? My rent is more than that.

Edit: Yep, $1000 max per month isn't going to work for me. Smiley Sad

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 22 of 43
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

You still can do plain old serve that has 1000 max per month,I think its 200 max per day 

1000 online via cc,you can do thru gift cards for max if five k I believe is your rent more than that ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 23 of 43
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@OHWWCB wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

1000 online via cc,you can do thru gift cards for max if five k I believe is your rent more than that ?

Goodness, no. I'm sorry I'm being so daft about this. So I buy a gift card for the cost of my rent and load THAT to serve? That makes sense.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 24 of 43
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@OHWWCB wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

Goodness, no. I'm sorry I'm being so daft about this. So I buy a gift card for the cost of my rent and load THAT to serve? That makes sense.

You have to do it via Walmart and have heard people have had mixed results so would do some research on that. The other option via GC is using something like evolve 

Message 25 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

Well, there are ways around that, such as loading with GC at Walmart or using additional Serves from family members.   But this is where you have to do a cost benefit, are the gains worth the extra complicaions.

Message 26 of 43
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@OHWWCB wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

What kind of GC?  Doesn't a GC have a fee to purchase?

Message 27 of 43
flawesome
Contributor

Would cash back be applied to credit converted using Serve/Isis?

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 28 of 43
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@flawesome wrote:

Would cash back be applied to credit converted using Serve/Isis?

Yes that is why people like to use it for purchases or bill pays that don't normally accept credit cards,it just shows up as purchase on your cc 

Message 29 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@OHWWCB wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@OHWWCB wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@elim wrote:

What kind of GC?  Doesn't a GC have a fee to purchase?

Yes, $1500 in gift cards would cost, depending on where you get them and geography, between $7.50 and $18.  Generally, the $7.50 will earn just non-category bonus on all cards, $18 may earn up to 5% depending on the card.  That's why I said cost-benefit, going to stores you usually don't go to, to make/save small amounts of money may well not be worth it.  But if the stores are part of your normal routine, then maybe, really again depending on the card.

Remember you are not saving $32 a month as you don't have to pay that now, the question is how much you can make as compared to $0 paying from a bank account.  With a 1% card, on $1500 rent, the most you can do is $15 before fees.  

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.