Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My attempt at a Discover CLI..

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

My attempt at a Discover CLI..

So, I'm leaving on a few vacations here shortly and I thought OOH, it's a good time to see what Discover can do for me.  They 'warned' me when I got the card that it would probably take 6 months for a CLI.  (I'm sitting at 1.1k, 3rd lowest TL out of 12.) 

For entertainment purposes only I called to see if there was anything that could be done w/o a hard inq.  The nice CSR said "No worries, I can pull a soft inquiry that will not affect your score."  Uh huh.  I checked my EX for softs/hards and I don't see anything.  I can't pull TC until later in the day to be sure they didn't hard EQ/TU.

She also reminded me that it will probably take 6 months before they will allow it w/ a soft, and that I've only had the card for 4 months.

Sure enough, no CLI.  You bet I'll call back in 2 months.  In the meantime, I'll update this post if I see any hards!

I just love my Discover More card.  I was looking over my past statements and noticed that I earned more than 20 bucks in cash back for the first quarter of the year.  I asked her about this and was told that the cap for the first quarter was 5 percent on up to 800 in purchases, instead of the normal 400.

I hope this helps somebody!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My attempt at a Discover CLI..

Just a quick update:  No hard inquiries!  YAY!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Just a quick update:  No hard inquiries!  YAY!

Excellent!  Good luck when you call back in a few months.  Because we all know you will be calling back.
Message 3 of 13
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Uh huh.  August 26, 2008 -- I'll be all over it!

Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

*bump* Just wanted to remind you the 26th is around the corner...Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 13
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

UpUpUp wrote:
*bump* Just wanted to remind you the 26th is around the corner...Smiley Very Happy

Lol, it is! Good luck, Peas!
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, for the sake of noting that I'm not stalking this thread, I'll let it be known that I just did a search for Discover and CLI on google and this was one of the first 3 links. 

Now that I have that out of the way....I do believe today is the big day....

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-26-2008 09:04 PM
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
So, I'm leaving on a few vacations here shortly and I thought OOH, it's a good time to see what Discover can do for me. They 'warned' me when I got the card that it would probably take 6 months for a CLI. (I'm sitting at 1.1k, 3rd lowest TL out of 12.)

For entertainment purposes only I called to see if there was anything that could be done w/o a hard inq. The nice CSR said "No worries, I can pull a soft inquiry that will not affect your score." Uh huh. I checked my EX for softs/hards and I don't see anything. I can't pull TC until later in the day to be sure they didn't hard EQ/TU.

She also reminded me that it will probably take 6 months before they will allow it w/ a soft, and that I've only had the card for 4 months.

Sure enough, no CLI. You bet I'll call back in 2 months. In the meantime, I'll update this post if I see any hards!

I just love my Discover More card. I was looking over my past statements and noticed that I earned more than 20 bucks in cash back for the first quarter of the year. I asked her about this and was told that the cap for the first quarter was 5 percent on up to 800 in purchases, instead of the normal 400.

I hope this helps somebody!

Man, I got the same problem with discover they won't on soft. They keep asking to pull hard but I don't know what to hurt myself on the scores.

If you get a chance read my post Cap1 Vs. Discover. You will see the difference b/w the 2agencies. If you get a CLI let me know what you did. I like my discover but now having second thoughts. I mean I am going to keep the card just look at it a different way.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andrew do you have the HSBC Discover card?  HSBC is even worse at giving CLI.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Andrew do you have the HSBC Discover card? HSBC is even worse at giving CLI.

No, Discover more
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.