Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My call to Discover....

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

My call to Discover....

Sooooooooo.....

90 Days have passed with my IT card and since I didn't see the option online...I thought I'd call in and ask about an SP CLI.

Was directly connected to a nice rep based in Salt Lake City. After asking about why I wanted the increase, my income, etc I was put on hold for five minutes or so.

No dice. Got the song and dance about getting a letter in the mail, blah blah blah. I figured as much since I still have a couple baddies left on TU.

The girl was so nice on the phone though...I didn't feel too sad when I hung up the phone...lol.

Hopefully they'll give me some love in another few months!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: My call to Discover....

Ha. That same result is exactly what i keep getting from them but with a little delay (on hold) then the request for that elusive HP so far i been declining permission for. Smiley Happy
I tried 3-6-8 months so far but i really don't think i been aggressive or creative enough yet. I may have to try it again tomorrow. Not expecting a surprise may help.
Message 2 of 4
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Ha. That same result is exactly what i keep getting from them but with a little delay (on hold) then the request for that elusive HP so far i been declining permission for. Smiley Happy
I tried 3-6-8 months so far but i really don't think i been aggressive or creative enough yet. I may have to try it again tomorrow. Not expecting a surprise may help.

Thanks for sharing your first experience with it.
Message 3 of 4
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

Sooooooooo.....

90 Days have passed with my IT card and since I didn't see the option online...I thought I'd call in and ask about an SP CLI.

Was directly connected to a nice rep based in Salt Lake City. After asking about why I wanted the increase, my income, etc I was put on hold for five minutes or so.

No dice. Got the song and dance about getting a letter in the mail, blah blah blah. I figured as much since I still have a couple baddies left on TU.

The girl was so nice on the phone though...I didn't feel too sad when I hung up the phone...lol.

Hopefully they'll give me some love in another few months!

That's important to me.  They are just in a league of their own.  I got an auto CLI at 12 months and I asked for another 3 months later and they doubled that!  It takes time for sure.  In case it helps, I carried a small balance for a little while but normally charge on the card and pay it off at least once a week.  Some say they like to see a balance but in my case, I showed them I was spending money I had and was just utilizing rewards.

It'll come, I have no doubt.  A few months is just around the corner.  Good luck when you try again!

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.