Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My cap1 arrived!

alright yea ill be going in a little bit to find out a little more about it
Message 11 of 15
ricefed
Contributor

The loan they offered you is a CD secured loan. I have one through charter one. It has done wonders for my credit score. I opened it in september of 2010. You get a 12 month cd for $1000 then take a loan against the cd. The loan is a 10 month loan. What I did is got the loan and opened another account were I deposited the loan money. Then I set up my payments to come out of that account automatically every month on a certain day so its never late. 5 moths after and I've gotten approved for a visa with a 3k limit from navy federal credit union and now getting accepted for store cards. I've even been getting card offers in the mail lol. If your serious about fixing your credit its an easy way to do it and a good begining.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates for us?

Message 13 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ricefed wrote:
The loan they offered you is a CD secured loan. I have one through charter one. It has done wonders for my credit score. I opened it in september of 2010. You get a 12 month cd for $1000 then take a loan against the cd. The loan is a 10 month loan. What I did is got the loan and opened another account were I deposited the loan money. Then I set up my payments to come out of that account automatically every month on a certain day so its never late. 5 moths after and I've gotten approved for a visa with a 3k limit from navy federal credit union and now getting accepted for store cards. I've even been getting card offers in the mail lol. If your serious about fixing your credit its an easy way to do it and a good begining.

Where do you get this?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 15
ricefed
Contributor

ihave mine through my bank Charter One an RBS Citizens bank. Most banks offer cd secured loans but don't list them on their websites . A lot of credit unions have them too. Some banks you can even do against the money in your account. The just put a hold on the funds in the amount of the loan.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.