cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit cards (CC) and personal lines of credit (PLOC)

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Re: My credit cards (CC) and personal lines of credit (PLOC)

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Since you have so many accounts and know the rewards so well, can you tell me what it is about the Simmons card that makes it one you still want?  I am not familiar with that one.  Thanks.

+1?!

Message 21 of 27
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

I have that Simmons FNB card, 7.25 percent.  It's my lowest limit card, with only $6,000.  I also have a Wells Fargo card with a $25k limit at only 6.25 percent.  But here's the really good thing about Simmons (IMO).  The fee to transfer balances is ZERO.  And the APR for a cash advance is 11.25.  So I try to keep that card free in the event I need either one.  

I'd like a CLI on Simmons, but my available credit may be too high, too.  I was denied the one time I asked.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 22 of 27
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

You, how many years did it take you to acquire such an impressive resume?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 23 of 27
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Since you have so many accounts and know the rewards so well, can you tell me what it is about the Simmons card that makes it one you still want?  I am not familiar with that one.  Thanks.

^^^^^

Simmons 7.25% interest rate is competitive (if I ever need it). 

There are cards with lower APR possible, so if Simmons is being difficult (as rumor has it), then you might try one of the others such as Lake Michigan Credit Union. I'm not 100% sure if you qualify for that credit union, but their Prime + 3% has rates as low as 6.25%, credit lines between $500 - $25,000. etc. I know there are others out there, but the LMCU one comes immediately to mind.

Edit: or maybe Apple Federal Credit Union's VISA Platinum card. Apr as low as 5.74% and credit limits as high as $35,000.

https://www.applefcu.org/CreditCards/Platinum#tab7

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 24 of 27
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

OP has every right to choose the card which benefits he/she. The comments posted thus far are not within the standards of being friendly,  supportive or respective. 

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

I think, you overeacted.

Message 25 of 27
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@peaceonearth wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

OP has every right to choose the card which benefits he/she. The comments posted thus far are not within the standards of being friendly,  supportive or respective. 

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

I think, you overeacted.

Now, Now. Its not as if this place is turning into myStepford.com

... or IS it? ...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All
I have
Wells Fargo Rewards $25k
Citi Forward Legacy $22k
BOA Travel Rewards $20k
PenFed Platinum Rewards $20k
Chase Freedom $15k
Discover More $11K
Harvard Alumni by Barclay $10500
Capital One Venture One $7500

Totalling 131,000 according to Wallaby App
I never had a car loan or Mortgage

I am in my early 30s and my oldest credit card Wellsfargo is 9 years old
my credit scores accoring to Discover credit monitoring system is just over 800 out of 850 scale for all three credit bureaus
I must say I work very hard for my credit
I try to have only one credit card / major bank I recommend all my friends to Start off with 4 major banking institutions of USA first 
which are CHASE, BOA, Citi and wells Fargo before openning any other cards like AMEX, Discover Capital one even if their rewards are better
I highly recommed everyone to have Wells Fargo Card even though their reward sucks my Wells Fargo Card was always the first card to break the barrior of Credit line
First card to get 10k then 15k then 20k and 25k currently
When I calledother banks after I increased Wells Fargo they followed suit

one other rule I always kept is never go over 30% of credit limit at the end of statement cycle 
If you look at your credit report highest balance reported is noted there and remains there
You can increase your credit line but you can never lower the highest reported balance
I never let any of my cards report to credit bureau over 30% of the Credit line of each card

My goal is to open HSBC card, USbank card and maybe international bank card like UBS VISA in the next 5 years
I hope my post helps !
Thanks for reading

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.