Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit has plummeted, no gas card for me :(

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: My credit has plummeted, no gas card for me :(

@traveler2005 wrote:

So what is the point of continuing to have SW if it doesn't work properly, my score increased and I had a new account on my equifax report, and no score alert. No I had to purchase a report to see it. Also what is with TU my score hasn't changed 1 point in over a month? Smiley Frustrated  I guess I am not in a good mood today. My progress has been really slow lately, have posted a couple of new posts, and got no responses, ie no help. Anyway, hope you all are having a good day.

I'd read numerous threads on SW's performance and didn't sign up until a discount was offered. Smiley Happy

Just one man's opinion: I think SW is better suited to those with higher scores and not too much change in their credit profile. It ends up being pretty frustrating to those monitoring the progress of credit repair. I've read many posts where people purchased scores out of frustration. Smiley Happy

I keep SW because it supports the community but do feel other services do a much better job at daily monitoring.

Someone will likely post that other sites don't make a true FICO score availble. It'd be nice if that person would also explain how an out-of-date FICO beats a FAKO, since neither is accurate. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

And you can get changes to your TU report for free from credit karma. Of course you dont get details, but you can see if new accounts, balnces or inquires changes. All useful info and free. Did i mention free? I like free stuff Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:
And you can get changes to your TU report for free from credit karma. Of course you dont get details, but you can see if new accounts, balnces or inquires changes. All useful info and free. Did i mention free? I like free stuff Smiley Happy

+1

Really that is all that CK is worth.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 16
rena347
New Contributor

I applied for an auto loan in August and four inquiries are listed on my report. I had one inquiry in December for a Wells Fargo Visa and then a Mortgage inquiry in February. I just pulled my Equifax scores and report from this site yesterday. The summary page of the report stated that I had three credit inquiries over the last year. Obviously, the 4 auto inquiries in August are only counting as one.

@vizon wrote:

I wanted to app for a gas card but I don't think I really should. 2 new cards this year and now 11 more inq from auto.

Message 14 of 16
Gollum
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

@vizon wrote:

So I recently applied for a car. I went rate shopping and had my car within 48 hours. I personally applied at Chase and Capital One. I got a denial from both (had no installment history, self employed).

Fast forward, 11 inquiries later, and a GREAT offer from huntington. My score was 738 as of the chase denial I was sent.. Now myfico tells me my score is 678.

Myfico hasn't even updated that a freaking AUTO LOAN was added to my account EQ report.

I thought all auto were counted as 1.. well clearly these aren't coded right or something. Because NOTHING has changed except inquries. And my last alery was over 2 weeks ago.

I wanted to app for a gas card but I don't think I really should. 2 new cards this year and now 11 more inq from auto.

What can I do? Also, why is MyFico not updating with something as large as an auto loan being added to my report?

myfico.com sells (along with other products) a FICO score that is generated by information in a credit report from Equifax at that instant of time.

It is the responsibility of Equifax (not myfico.com) to update the Equifax credit report.  The Equifax FICO score changes according to what is in the Equifax credit report at the instant that the FICO score is calculated.

OP wrote that the new loan was already on EQ, just no SW update. That's pretty common. Smiley Happy

I had a difficult time making sense of Message 1 in this thread.  Now that you mention SW (presumably the Score Watch product from myfico.com), Message 1 does parse better by reading in between the lines.  I don't see a mention of Score Watch in Message 1 of this thread, but I thank you for the insight.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 15 of 16
Gollum
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

So what is the point of continuing to have SW if it doesn't work properly, my score increased and I had a new account on my equifax report, and no score alert. No I had to purchase a report to see it. Also what is with TU my score hasn't changed 1 point in over a month? Smiley Frustrated  I guess I am not in a good mood today. My progress has been really slow lately, have posted a couple of new posts, and got no responses, ie no help. Anyway, hope you all are having a good day.

I'd read numerous threads on SW's performance and didn't sign up until a discount was offered. Smiley Happy

Just one man's opinion: I think SW is better suited to those with higher scores and not too much change in their credit profile. It ends up being pretty frustrating to those monitoring the progress of credit repair. I've read many posts where people purchased scores out of frustration. Smiley Happy

I keep SW because it supports the community but do feel other services do a much better job at daily monitoring.

Someone will likely post that other sites don't make a true FICO score availble. It'd be nice if that person would also explain how an out-of-date FICO beats a FAKO, since neither is accurate. Smiley Happy

drkaje,

Thank you for your SW opinion.  Your analysis of the situation is astute.

If the SW product is not useful

1.) to those with good/excellent credit (they already manage their credit so they get good/excellent FICO scores, so they already know their credit situation and know they have a good/excellent FICO score)

2.) to those who are building/rebuilding credit (if SW does not update the FICO score frequently enough)

then the SW product seems useless.

I admire your idealism regarding supporting the myfico.com "community" financially, but this is just a WWW forum provided by a for-profit company.

Obtaining a free credit report from each of the three credit reporting agencies once a year, then paying "a la carte" for Equifax and TransUnion FICO scores (Experian is not available) three times a year costs approx. $120/year, which is an average of $12/month, which compares favorably with SW.

The difference is:

Paying for FICO scores works.

Dunno if SW works.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.