Established Contributor
FutureBillionaire

My credit journey

I was lamenting about the fact that there were no more cards that I wanted a few months back on this forum.  I then apped for and was approved for the Chase Freedom and the Chase Sapphire Preferred.   I changed my spending habits a little bit and then apped for the Citi Thank you preferred last month.  I have a host of credit cards right now, and I use all of them except my Kroger 123 rewards ( I wish I had been on a credit card forum before applying for that card) and my Amex PRG.  I'll be cancelling the Amex PRG before the annual fee hits again and probably replacing it with something else.  Technically, I guess I'm in the garden until July-August timeframe.  I haven't posted here in a while, so I thought I would share my credit journey. 

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Established Contributor
FutureBillionaire

Re: My credit journey

I almost forgot. I converted my Platinum cash rewards to another platinum rewards card.  I'm happy with that decision.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Mega Contributor
LS2982

FutureBillionaire wrote:

I was lamenting about the fact that there were no more cards that I wanted a few months back on this forum.  I then apped for and was approved for the Chase Freedom and the Chase Sapphire Preferred.   I changed my spending habits a little bit and then apped for the Citi Thank you preferred last month.  I have a host of credit cards right now, and I use all of them except my Kroger 123 rewards ( I wish I had been on a credit card forum before applying for that card) and my Amex PRG.  I'll be cancelling the Amex PRG before the annual fee hits again and probably replacing it with something else.  Technically, I guess I'm in the garden until July-August timeframe.  I haven't posted here in a while, so I thought I would share my credit journey. 

Sounds like your doing very well with your credit!!

WTG!!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

The artist is at work ..Paint that masterpiece:smileywink:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

09Lexie

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Congrats and continue on!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}