Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit journey

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

My credit journey

I was lamenting about the fact that there were no more cards that I wanted a few months back on this forum.  I then apped for and was approved for the Chase Freedom and the Chase Sapphire Preferred.   I changed my spending habits a little bit and then apped for the Citi Thank you preferred last month.  I have a host of credit cards right now, and I use all of them except my Kroger 123 rewards ( I wish I had been on a credit card forum before applying for that card) and my Amex PRG.  I'll be cancelling the Amex PRG before the annual fee hits again and probably replacing it with something else.  Technically, I guess I'm in the garden until July-August timeframe.  I haven't posted here in a while, so I thought I would share my credit journey. 

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Re: My credit journey

I almost forgot. I converted my Platinum cash rewards to another platinum rewards card.  I'm happy with that decision.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

I was lamenting about the fact that there were no more cards that I wanted a few months back on this forum.  I then apped for and was approved for the Chase Freedom and the Chase Sapphire Preferred.   I changed my spending habits a little bit and then apped for the Citi Thank you preferred last month.  I have a host of credit cards right now, and I use all of them except my Kroger 123 rewards ( I wish I had been on a credit card forum before applying for that card) and my Amex PRG.  I'll be cancelling the Amex PRG before the annual fee hits again and probably replacing it with something else.  Technically, I guess I'm in the garden until July-August timeframe.  I haven't posted here in a while, so I thought I would share my credit journey. 

Sounds like your doing very well with your credit!!

WTG!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

The artist is at work ..Paint that masterpieceSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats and continue on!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.