cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My discover deal doesn't have 5% bestbuy anymore..

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

My discover deal doesn't have 5% bestbuy anymore..

It was still there last week but now it doesn't.not sure if it's just me or it's gone gone...

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Re: My discover deal doesn't have 5% bestbuy anymore..

Not only yours its gone for everyone. Also its almost dry for BestBuy in all portals. The max you can get is a 2%.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 2 of 14
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@Beckhsrules wrote:

Not only yours its gone for everyone. Also its almost dry for BestBuy in all portals. The max you can get is a 2%.

Oh? I didn't know.... I thought it was 1.25  topvashback, but I didn't know there's another side gives 2%

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 3 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, checkout 

http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/Cashback-Store/Best-Buy/

and you see places with 1.5% and 2%  

Message 4 of 14
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

ShopAtHome gives 2% and BeFrugal gives 1.5% which are better than TopCashBack.

If you value miles at a higher value than the cashback you get 1 mile/pt through any of the three shopping portals AAAdvantage, United Mileage and Chase Shopping Portal which I believe is better than 1.5% according to me.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 5 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Staples is gone from mine too and it was there before.
Message 6 of 14
IWOL
Established Contributor

I always thought the best buy on Discover Deals was the worst anyways because of the very restrictive language.

The 5% cashback excluded so many items......laptops! desktops! tablets. I never used it once even though I but stuff at BB all the time.

if you like miles AA portal often has BB at 3 miles/$ which is the best I've seen as of late.

Message 7 of 14
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

I always thought the best buy on Discover Deals was the worst anyways because of the very restrictive language.

The 5% cashback excluded so many items......laptops! desktops! tablets. I never used it once even though I but stuff at BB all the time.

if you like miles AA portal often has BB at 3 miles/$ which is the best I've seen as of late.

I have bought macbook in BestBuy and got the 5% through ShopDiscover. Also the iPads.

AA portal gives 3 miles? I checked up just now and it shows 1 mile only.

Message 8 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Kenny wrote:
Staples is gone from mine too and it was there before.

Still some good rates elsewhere, http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/Cashback-Store/Staples/     United giving 4 points a mile, and three malls giving 5% (and use those with a 8% discount card from cardflip!)

Message 9 of 14
dwz55
Regular Contributor

Eh sometimes stores go away and appear at a later date, that has been my experience with DD.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.