Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My discover luv button...

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

My discover luv button...

Ive had my discover miles card for a couple of years now. Ive use this card heavily until this past spring. Have never gotten a cli since opening. Ive always seen the luv button and each month i clicked on it, it always told me cant process request and to call customer service. Well for today just for s#@t$ and giggles i thought id click on it again and was looking forward to seeing the same message as in the past. Like a deer looking at an oncoming headlights, i was surprised to see that the luv button now asked me for amount of cli and a couple of other info! Excited for the opportunity to possibly get a cli...but i dont want to take a hp right now. Im applying for a PLOC and cc with my cu in a couple of months. The last time i talked to the gal at my bank...she advised to keep up the good work in increasing my score and bringing util down. She said when november rolls around..i will be in a good position to get approved for both lines. But she also said not to apply for anything else til then. I am so itching to submit cli with discover since ive been waiting for it a long time, but i also want the line of credits with my cu! Boy this is tough!...its like having to pick between cake or a big bar of chocolate!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My discover luv button...

@TravellingNomad wrote:

Ive had my discover miles card for a couple of years now. Ive use this card heavily until this past spring. Have never gotten a cli since opening. Ive always seen the luv button and each month i clicked on it, it always told me cant process request and to call customer service. Well for today just for s#@t$ and giggles i thought id click on it again and was looking forward to seeing the same message as in the past. Like a deer looking at an oncoming headlights, i was surprised to see that the luv button now asked me for amount of cli and a couple of other info! Excited for the opportunity to possibly get a cli...but i dont want to take a hp right now. Im applying for a PLOC and cc with my cu in a couple of months. The last time i talked to the gal at my bank...she advised to keep up the good work in increasing my score and bringing util down. She said when november rolls around..i will be in a good position to get approved for both lines. But she also said not to apply for anything else til then. I am so itching to submit cli with discover since ive been waiting for it a long time, but i also want the line of credits with my cu! Boy this is tough!...its like having to pick between cake or a big bar of chocolate!

Well, there's always the option to contact them directly and see if your account is elegible for a CLI.  You can express that you would prefer the request be processed via SP only.  The associate will take your information and ask you a few questions and will let you know that in order to continue an HP may be required, at which point you can cancel the request - no harm done.  Otherwise, if the account is elegible with SP, you'll get the amount assigned by the system.

Message 2 of 4
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

In my experience, if the luv button says the request can't be processed and prompts you to call in, it means that they want to do an hp for a cli.

edit- only read the first half of the post at first. if you have the option to fill out the form, you will probably be able to get away with an sp cli. the system is pretty good about letting you know if an hp will be required. Calling in will 100% ensure that they won't do an hp however, so that might be best just to be safe
EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 4
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

yeah i logged in to my account just now and tried to ask for a $3.5K increase to put my limit at $5k. but like you guys mentioned, i clicked submit and it told me that a hard pull will have to be done for what the amount i was requesting, so i cancelled the request. no harm no foul...at least i know that it requires a hard pull, right? now i'm contemplating in calling in and trying to see how much they would allow for a soft pull. but i think i'll let it simmer for several days Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.