Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with BofA BBR card - hard to manage :(

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My experience with BofA BBR card - hard to manage :(

@lg8302ch wrote:

Thanks everyone. I obviously have been given a wrong info by the rep that told me I cannot have the rewards to the bank account but only as statement credit. You are proof enough for me that it is possible.  Since it worked once for 30$ is shows they did consider the bank relationship so not sure why only statement credit for me.   Now I will have to see where I can change this myself online.  At the same time I just cancelled the 150-175$ recurring charges to that account and will leave the small  Netflix charge only.  Curious to see if I will get any love for not using the card more.  Smiley Mad

www.bankofamerica.com/betterbalancerewards is the best way to change it to a savings/checking account number. (Be prepared with a different browser having your account up as you'll need routing and account info. Which is just silly, but a hoop to jump through for the extra 5 bucks.) Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 31
onstar
Established Contributor

Just received my card today. The new design too. Smiley Happy

i got a 0% interest on purchases for 12 billing cycles offer. I plan on putting $500 on it now, then paying minimum due + $1 each month. That should be good for 12 months.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like this is obvious from what I've read but I just want to make sure....even though it says you have to make an on time payment that is MORE than the minimum due, IF the total balance (say $7.99) IS the minimum due then you are still good for the quarterly bonus...am I correct to assume this?
Message 23 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

To be honest this card seems like a total PITA to bother with over $25 a quarter, but to each their own. If it offered a base reward program at least of 1% I think they would have something. The way it is set up there is no incentive to spend more than a bare minimum, which is nice in terms of you're getting a good return with the $25 but it just seems like a pain (clearly, if there's a 4 page thread about using it "correctly" to get the bonus!)

Message 24 of 31
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It seems like this is obvious from what I've read but I just want to make sure....even though it says you have to make an on time payment that is MORE than the minimum due, IF the total balance (say $7.99) IS the minimum due then you are still good for the quarterly bonus...am I correct to assume this?

Yes.

I guess they can change/enforce the more than minimum in the future.

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

To be honest this card seems like a total PITA to bother with over $25 a quarter, but to each their own. If it offered a base reward program at least of 1% I think they would have something. The way it is set up there is no incentive to spend more than a bare minimum, which is nice in terms of you're getting a good return with the $25 but it just seems like a pain (clearly, if there's a 4 page thread about using it "correctly" to get the bonus!)

Anything that isn't flat cashback is a PITA, I guess.. Smiley Indifferent

Message 26 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Anything that isn't flat cashback is a PITA, I guess.. Smiley Indifferent

It's not that. It's just that this card seems very "picky" with paying out the rewards and you get no incentive for spending more.

I said it would be nice if it was a flat cashback with the $25 quarterly offer.

Message 27 of 31
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Nixon:

It's a Spinal Tap reference.

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:
@Anonymous:

It's a Spinal Tap reference.

Been a while since I seen.. Smiley Indifferent

Message 29 of 31
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

I have some questions about this card, if anyone can answer I would appreciate.

1. Say I charge $5 on it every billing cycle for 12 months. I always PIF once statement cuts. Will I recieve the quarterly $25?

2. What are the underwriting requirements for this card? I never had a BoA card.

Thanks.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.