My experience with Citi recon

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: My experience with Citi recon

Haha you know me, always a trollin'
Or more like procrastinating -.-
I'm actually hoping to get a banking job and change jobs once I grad :-p
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 27
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Well, mine were excessive. I wound up with four hard pulls and an EQ fico score decrease from like 700+ to 672.
I can't help but point out that FinStar and Enharu seem PRObanks! Lol

Trolling again youndandcreditwrthy?  I was under the assumption that your character would be above that...lol  Smiley Very Happy

There's nothing wrong with being pro-banks.

I'm not sure if youngandcreditwrthy was serious, but a lot of people these days seem to dislike people who like banks. Sometimes I'll look at other forums, such as cooking/baking or video games and people post about credit cards or chequing accounts there. Most of the responses say that credit cards are evil and that credit scores enslave people to carry debt and all sorts of rubbish. If the person complains the bank closed their account because of "only" a few overdrafts, everyone will say it's silly and go credit union. Anyone who agrees with the bank is criticised and accused of working for a bank.

I personally am almost always on the bank's side whenever I read stories of adverse action or other "bad" experiences. People seem to complain about everything and think that whatever the bank does is wrong and they should be treated like Zeus. I would love to be a credit analyst at a bank but there are no big banks(except PNC) 'round where I live. The other option is to start my own credit card company, but I reckon that's a long way off.

Message 12 of 27
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Well, mine were excessive. I wound up with four hard pulls and an EQ fico score decrease from like 700+ to 672.

Trolling again youndandcreditwrthy?  I was under the assumption that your character would be above that...lol  Smiley Very Happy

I'm not sure if youngandcreditwrthy was serious, but a lot of people these days seem to dislike people who like banks. Sometimes I'll look at other forums, such as cooking/baking or video games and people post about credit cards or chequing accounts there. Most of the responses say that credit cards are evil and that credit scores enslave people to carry debt and all sorts of rubbish. If the person complains the bank closed their account because of "only" a few overdrafts, everyone will say it's silly and go credit union. Anyone who agrees with the bank is criticised and accused of working for a bank.

I personally am almost always on the bank's side whenever I read stories of adverse action or other "bad" experiences. People seem to complain about everything and think that whatever the bank does is wrong and they should be treated like Zeus. I would love to be a credit analyst at a bank but there are no big banks(except PNC) 'round where I live. The other option is to start my own credit card company, but I reckon that's a long way off.

That sounds very much like the pleb attitude towards money, and I hear it all of the time too. Successful people usually have quite different views regarding banks, money and credit. These people have already lost the battle, they just don't realize it yet.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

That sounds very much like the pleb attitude towards money, and I hear it all of the time too. Successful people usually have quite different views regarding banks, money and credit. These people have already lost the battle, they just don't realize it yet.

+1

Right on the money (no pun intended) as always CreditScholar Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I was jk :-p
Have you seen how many credit cards I have? LOL
I'm always the one telling my friends how they need to build their credit or they're going to be payiing for it forever.
I'm sure when my friends realized last weekend that my Skymiles paid for the nicest hotel they've ever been in, they might need to start considering it.
Credit improves standards of living imo.
Obviously, you have to manage it actively and responsibly.
As far as getting what you want, you just gotta talk to the right person at a bank sometimes:-p
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 27
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

LOL I love that word. I was thinking the same thing, but just didn't want to say it.

I'm always the one telling my friends how they need to build their credit or they're going to be payiing for it forever.
I'm sure when my friends realized last weekend that my Skymiles paid for the nicest hotel they've ever been in, they might need to start considering it.
As far as getting what you want, you just gotta talk to the right person at a bank sometimes:-p

I try to say the same thing with people and how much cashback I earn. However, they get stuck on the "credit card bill" part of it. To them, they like to use a debit card, cheque, or cash, beecause then the money is gone instantly. They, for some reason, believe that a bill at the end of the month for 1,000 is different than spending 100 ten different times. My parents are the worst at this and they would make massive amounts of cashback if they used cards for business purchases. They're from time before banks existed though, so I can't really blame them.

Message 16 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Pahahaha my mom is the same... This is why my credit score is so much higher than hers even though she makes/spends more. Lol
I don't think they are necessarily debt averse, they just would rather have different types of debt, such as huge auto loans or mortgage loans. Haha
Message 17 of 27
enharu
Super Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

+1. Personally I feel that AA happens for a valid reason. For banks, they are constantly weighing their risks vs. rewards. Whenever a customer's risk grossly exceeds the perceived rewards, banks will then usually initiate a financial review, which may result in adverse action. I'm not exactly pro- or anti-banks per say, but things are always a lot better when viewed from a neutral perspective. 

The problem with a lot of people is that they get very emo and bitter like some crazy scorn ex once any kind of adverse action is taken against them, such as:

"OMG THIS BANK CLOSED MY ACCOUNT THEY ARE THE WORST **bleep** BANK TO DEAL WITH"

"OMG THEY CLD ME THEY ARE UNREASONABLE IM A GOOD CUSTOMER. ALL I'VE BEEN BOUCNING BALANCES ON DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS BUT ITS NO HARM CUZ ITS 0%!!!!!!."

"OMG THEY SUCK BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO GIVE ME A SP CLI"
"OMG THESE INQUIRIES ARE RIDICULOUS. THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DOUBLE / TRIPLE OR EVEN HP ME AT ALL FOR ANY APP / RECON"

I'm not referring to anyone specifically in mind, but this is really the kind of stupid stuff that people often write about simply because they're pissed. They react illogically, just like any bitter ex would, and starts becoming a drama queen for no good reason. This isn't just for banks either. Many people were pissed too when Amazon banned accounts due to excessive returns / claims, and also when Best buy reduced return policy time time limits to discourage showrooming, etc. 

The other sad thing is that they expect everyone else to have a bad experience, just because they had one. Or that they get extremely excited when they read about another bad review. Trolls like these are everywhere, but at the very least it isn't as ugly on this forums as compared to certain sites. 

Didn't you already graduated?

You have 140k income as a leasing agent without a college cert? Not saying it's not possible, but just curious and also want to make sure I have the correct facts. Not important anyhow. No need to answer. 

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

That sounds very much like the pleb attitude towards money, and I hear it all of the time too. Successful people usually have quite different views regarding banks, money and credit. These people have already lost the battle, they just don't realize it yet.

+1

+2.

People are usually very bitter when they want something but can't have it. They bitch about it 24/7, and their lives remain as miserable.

Only a small minority will work towards that goal and make it happen. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 27
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

LOL I love that word. I was thinking the same thing, but just didn't want to say it.

I try to say the same thing with people and how much cashback I earn. However, they get stuck on the "credit card bill" part of it. To them, they like to use a debit card, cheque, or cash, beecause then the money is gone instantly. They, for some reason, believe that a bill at the end of the month for 1,000 is different than spending 100 ten different times. My parents are the worst at this and they would make massive amounts of cashback if they used cards for business purchases. They're from time before banks existed though, so I can't really blame them.

I have a habit of saying lots of things that people are thinking, but don't have the guts to say. That trait has served me quite well in my professional career so far. Smiley Happy

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 19 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

+1. Personally I feel that AA happens for a valid reason. For banks, they are constantly weighing their risks vs. rewards. Whenever a customer's risk grossly exceeds the perceived rewards, banks will then usually initiate a financial review, which may result in adverse action. I'm not exactly pro- or anti-banks per say, but things are always a lot better when viewed from a neutral perspective. 

The problem with a lot of people is that they get very emo and bitter like some crazy scorn ex once any kind of adverse action is taken against them, such as:

"OMG THIS BANK CLOSED MY ACCOUNT THEY ARE THE WORST **bleep** BANK TO DEAL WITH"

"OMG THEY CLD ME THEY ARE UNREASONABLE IM A GOOD CUSTOMER. ALL I'VE BEEN BOUCNING BALANCES ON DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS BUT ITS NO HARM CUZ ITS 0%!!!!!!."

"OMG THEY SUCK BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO GIVE ME A SP CLI"
"OMG THESE INQUIRIES ARE RIDICULOUS. THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DOUBLE / TRIPLE OR EVEN HP ME AT ALL FOR ANY APP / RECON"

I'm not referring to anyone specifically in mind, but this is really the kind of stupid stuff that people often write about simply because they're pissed. They react illogically, just like any bitter ex would, and starts becoming a drama queen for no good reason. This isn't just for banks either. Many people were pissed too when Amazon banned accounts due to excessive returns / claims, and also when Best buy reduced return policy time time limits to discourage showrooming, etc. 

The other sad thing is that they expect everyone else to have a bad experience, just because they had one. Or that they get extremely excited when they read about another bad review. Trolls like these are everywhere, but at the very least it isn't as ugly on this forums as compared to certain sites. 

Didn't you already graduated?

You have 140k income as a leasing agent without a college cert? Not saying it's not possible, but just curious and also want to make sure I have the correct facts. Not important anyhow. No need to answer. 

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

That sounds very much like the pleb attitude towards money, and I hear it all of the time too. Successful people usually have quite different views regarding banks, money and credit. These people have already lost the battle, they just don't realize it yet.

+1

+2.

People are usually very bitter when they want something but can't have it. They bitch about it 24/7, and their lives remain as miserable.

Only a small minority will work towards that goal and make it happen. 

Can we post this on a sticky?  Smiley Very Happy   very excellent points by enharu, CreditScholar, navigatethis12 as always. 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.