cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fiance' is now a member of NFCU!!

tag
knj601
Established Member

Re: My fiance' is now a member of NFCU!!

I was actually looking up creditpulls to see who they approve, and I was shocked as well to see the scores and limits people received. He has a nice annual income so that is working in his favor for sure. 

Current: TU (Wal-Mart) 640 EQ (myFICO) 627 EX 628 as of 10/12
BK Discharged 08/10 (The dark times)
NavChek (5000) Cap1 (2500 & 1000) hhGregg (1500) Amazon (900) & WalMart (500) Lowes (300)

Goal: No apps until 07/2013 & 700's across the board
Message 11 of 15
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Yea the collection removal should boost up his scores. It sure did with mines. That is a good idea to just wait it out and pay off your other debts before applying for any credit card. I don't know much about NFCU, but I am assuming since they are a credit union that they should be able to work with you guys situation and hook you up with a low credit limit to start and work your way up from there. If anything there is the secured credit card route to help you rebuild you guys credit score. Smiley Happy

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 12 of 15
Elcid89
Contributor

Worst case, I would try for a card with them. The worst that can happen is that they say no, and NFCU offers no-fee balance transfers. If they give you a decent rate, it would be a good opportunity to refi some revolving debt.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 13 of 15
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the NFCU family! If youre on the wall about applying then follow your gut. But there is no timeline to wait to establish a relationship BEFORE applying for products. They are awesome with limits and helping you build the kind of life you want. Just be good to them! Best of luck!!! Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 14 of 15
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  My fiancé has been a member since late 90's.  Little did I know, until reading this forum, what a great CU they are!  

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.