cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first CLD from GE - should I just close that card (and potentially other ones as well)?

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: My first CLD from GE - should I just close that card (and potentially other ones as well)?

RE: Why not just make a small charge or so every six months?

Because I refuse to spend money/buy something I dont need to keep a card open.

Close it if you dont want or need it I say. Keep 3-5 open for good credit/rewards and be done with it. I plan on closing several this month. Who wants to spend all the time managing so many? No me, I am over it.

IMO

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 11 of 13
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: My first CLD from GE - should I just close that card (and potentially other ones as well)?

@mikka,

In your hypothetical scenario, I don't think you could salvage the $200 line from reporting. Once most lenders make CLD determinations, their mind is made up even if you close the card. It might happen where you could close it early enough, but I would say that's a rare case. Lenders can update info about a TL even after it is reported closed.

And my answer to your scenario the way it was presented would be to close it, assuming you could avoid all other lenders seeing the CLD.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 12 of 13
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

when the recession hit, old navy CLD my card. I stopped using it for a while and eventually it went back up. keep it open.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.