Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first app spree

tag
JWatson0405
Contributor

My first app spree

Hey all, 

Been coming to this forum for a while now and have posted a few questions to which the answers have given me a great deal of help!  My repair process came in two stages, a few years ago I did a major overhaul to repair some mistakes and then I was good until late 2010.  In late 2010 I had a collection popup from an ex-girlfriends bill and had some trouble with a car loan being paid late.  Anyways, fast forward to now, with the help I've received here I've seen the collection be removed and 4/5 lates GWed off my auto loan!  My wife and I had initially been planning on buying a house, but have decided to wait another year, so I decided I would attempt to expand my revolving lines (I currently only have a $300 RZMC).

Apped for:

AmEx Delta Gold Skymiles 11/24/11

USAA World Rewards MC 11/25/10

AmEx came back with we will notify by mail in 10-14 days, or something like that.  I was feeling pretty negative about that, I know AmEx can be difficult to get.  I found a link online to check the status of my app to see what it said there.  Punched in my info and APPROVED!  Don't know what my limit is, but I'm stoked to be in there!  They pulled Experian for me, which sounds like is pretty much the standard for them.  I believe my EX to be the same (or pretty close to my TU score which is in my sig)

USAA, I'm a full member with them and I have several services with them (2 checking, savings, auto/renters/jewelry insurance, and a personal loan).  I apped for the MC last summer, but they wanted more payment history on my personal loan, I had only been paying on that for a few months.  EQ is my lowest score because my credit history is shorter there, so I was a little reluctant, but didn't want a MC/VISA from anywhere else.  Tried it out today and APPROVED!  I was given a 2k limit there, which is a nice jump from my 300 at RZMC.

Anyways, done apping as I'm more than happy with these 2 new lines.  Just wanted to share my excitement!

Starting Score: EQ-484(10/10/2011) TU-533(10/10/2011)
Current Score: EQ-701(1/18/2013) TU-735(1/20/2013)
Goal Score: 750s!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Re: My first app spree

Congrats to you. Nice to know you were able to get an AMEX answer, especially since you applied on a HOLIDAY. - Thanksgiving, when most businesses are closed.

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Message 2 of 6
JWatson0405
Contributor

Thanks!  Yea, I hadn't really thought about it being Thanksgiving when I applied.  (Currently deployed overseas)  Kind of kicked myself afterwards, but it ended up working out!  Called today and confirmed, AmEx, like USAA, approved me for 2k.  I'll certainly take it!

Starting Score: EQ-484(10/10/2011) TU-533(10/10/2011)
Current Score: EQ-701(1/18/2013) TU-735(1/20/2013)
Goal Score: 750s!!

Message 3 of 6
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Thanks for serving our Country. I'm a member of PenFed and love our Miltary.  Stay safe over there, and thanks for all you do.

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Message 4 of 6
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@MissExcellentCredit wrote:

Thanks for serving our Country. I'm a member of PenFed and love our Miltary.  Stay safe over there, and thanks for all you do.

well said,, same goes here and congrats on ur new cards..

Message 5 of 6
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I have both of those cards, and I love them both.

USAA was the first company to give me a real limit since crapitalone refused to budge. AmEx matched the limit, and I've never received anything but fantastic customer service when dealing with either company.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.