cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first approved TL in years! Plus I have a quick question for you vets out there!! Thanks

tag
RichieNY
Contributor

My first approved TL in years! Plus I have a quick question for you vets out there!! Thanks

I am excited, after 8 negatives on my report (5 collections, 3 charge offs), years later I finally have a new TL....

I opened an account with Crown Jewelers and I am sending in my first paymet by check today....my first successful payment on the road to establishing new credit!!

Within a week, I have become an authorized user on a stellar AMEX card, opened a high fee first premier(temporary), and now I have the Crown Jewelers...

Now within 30 days, 3 positives will be reporting, it should lower my score at first but I just got on the on-ramp to the road of credit recovery....

I am excited

p.s. my father repaired his credit and now he is over 700, he said he started with crown jewlers and first premier .....the advice he gave was to use  the Crown card for a few months, and then apply for Zales because they go through a bank.?! and then you would look good to the bank

thanks for the responses

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My first approved TL in years! Plus I have a quick question for you vets out there!! Thanks

I'm not seeing a question here, Richey.  Can you clarify?

Thanks!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first approved TL in years! Plus I have a quick question for you vets out there!! Thanks

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

I'm not seeing a question here, Richey.  Can you clarify?

Thanks!

I think his question was if he should follow his father's advice by opening a Zales account.

Message 3 of 7
RichieNY
Contributor

yes, should i apply for zales after a few months of crown?

thanks

Message 4 of 7
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Why Zales, or rather, why another jewelry store?  Does your dad (or anyone) have an explanation for getting another card of the 'same' variety?

I think I'd look for something a little different.  A store card like Target or Macys might work depending on your scores by then.

Good luck and thanks for clarifying!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 5 of 7
RichieNY
Contributor

well, right now I can not get approved for zales, walmart, target, macys, etc.....im in the midst of fixing my credit...i sent out dispute letters and so far have 2 removed......the only lines of credit i have been able to get are crown jewelers and first premier, which sucks but i am just doing it for a positive line...the more pos lines you have the more diluted the negatives become

my dad recomended after a few months of doing well with crown that i apply for zales because zales cards are issued by the bank, and 9 times out of 10 if you have crown successfully for a few months then zales will approve you.. in this case more offers can be extended to you i suppose.....

crown approves almost anyone, they do no credit check, so it is a great way to force a positive line onto your reports

my ultimate reason for posting all of this is to see if anyone had any other suggestions....

so far this week here is my progress:

started with 8 negatives, now i am down to 6

received an AMEX authorized user account

received a first premier card

so things are looking up for me

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you have a few hundred bucks, i would reccommend a bofa secured account since that account grows and should become your oldest account as you clear up your report since you wont want FP or crown forever
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.