Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first credit card

Hi,

I need some advice my first major credit card.   My girlfriend payed  $2000 for some of my schooling and I need to pay her back.  I pulled my fico 2 months ago and they averaged 670.  I disputed and old negative account which fell off TU EFX and they jumped to 763, and 788 respectively.  I know WOW.   Unfortunately XPN still has the old account and according to Free credit Report.com on 4/1/09 is 687.  The old account should fall off in August but I don't want to wait that long if I can get a balance transfer at 0% now.

So.

Which CCC's should I apply for? (Ones that pull TU or EFX reports.)

How can make XPN to fall in line with TU and EFX.?

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first credit card

Are your TU and EQ scores FICO or FAKO scores? Either way they look good. Do you have any CCs now in good standing?

Kind of depends on where you live which report different companies pull but Citi Bank usually pulls EX and Discover pulls either TU or EX...both offer good BTs. Juniper pulls TU.

Any new accounts or recent inquiries?

Edited because I just realized you said "first credit card" and need EQ pull, not EX., sorry...maybe someone else has better options for you.

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 04-02-2009 11:27 AM
Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 04-02-2009 11:30 AM
Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 04-02-2009 11:31 AM
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say Hooters Mastercard and they pull TU, they should give you a few Thousand with that score.

Just my 2 cents....

Message Edited by CyndibemyLOVE on 04-02-2009 11:34 AM
Message 3 of 9
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I would go with Capital One since they always have BT offers.
Message Edited by YoungEntrepeneur on 04-02-2009 11:37 AM
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU and EQ are FICO scores

I live in San Jose (Northern California)

I have 3 had inquiries

2-07-2009

2-09-2009 

06-7-2008

I should clarify that I have previously held credit card.  In fact I currently have a Macy's card (they were giving me 30%).  Unfortunately I was so poorly educated in credit that I canceled them with in months of opening them. 

Message 5 of 9
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

I recommend BOA and Chase. They are pretty generous with CL and offer balance transfers at 0%. While you're at it, try Discover too. Get them all.
Message 6 of 9
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

If you going to use he credit card to pay back the GF- bad idea. The cash advance rates on cards are outrageous!- You may be better off setting up a payment plan with her- or getting a personal LOC from a bank or credit union.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Unions and member orgs such as Alliant, PenFed and USAA pull only your Equifax report.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just ask for a cli from Chase and they pulled equifax. Also after reveiwing my inquires as to when I first applied for the card, it was equifax then too. Hope this helps, Good luck!
Message Edited by summer025 on 04-02-2009 04:10 PM
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.