Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first ever pre qualification! LOL

tag
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

My first ever pre qualification! LOL

..from Credit One bank. I have 3 credit cards with AAoA of 3 months, all in good standing. Should I pass on and wait for something better or take these offer?

BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first ever pre qualification! LOL

@orestrus wrote:

..from Credit One bank. I have 3 credit cards with AAoA of 3 months, all in good standing. Should I pass on and wait for something better or take these offer?

PASS PASS PASS PASS!

Burn it if you value the building of your credit file and getting value for your money

Message 2 of 12
Involver
Valued Contributor

PASS

Message 3 of 12
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@orestrus wrote:

AVOID AT ALL COST!!! 

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:

PASS

+5

Message 5 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

As much as I wish my Credit One history was off my CR completely (even though it was good history), it serves a purpose for some people, especially if you have past mis steps. If your history is clean and just a short aaoa then I would pass.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got pre-approval letter from blaze credit card, it's something you read about happening to other people, you never think "it'll happen to me!" but it did... 😵

Message 7 of 12
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
As much as I wish my Credit One history was off my CR completely (even though it was good history), it serves a purpose for some people, especially if you have past mis steps. If your history is clean and just a short aaoa then I would pass.

I agree, they do servce a purpose and depending on the OP history, they may serve a purpose for them. If you are just starting out or in a rebuild stage I would go to Cap one pre-qual site and look at getting either a Secured card or maybe even a QS1.  So, before taking that Credit One offer, do a little checking and maybe you can do better. Good luck with your Credit Journey! 

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are in an initial build and their goal is business LOC in the future. CreditOne has NO business on their report. This lender is especially predatory in that after the first year they charge the annual fee in monthly installments that they charge interest on from the day it posts. How insulting is that?
Message 9 of 12
happypill
Valued Contributor

There are better cards than CreditOne for builders and re-builders.  There are a few SP secured cards out there and the secured cards from BofA or Cap1 are a lot better.  Secured cards require deposit, but will end up costing a LOT less than the fees CreditOne collects.

Instead of buildgers/re-builders, CreditOne really targets people who aren't well informed and/or are desperate.  I'll admit that before joining myFICO, I wasn't aware of many of the alternatives available.  Luckily I never signed up for a CreditOne, but lack of knowledge would be the reason why someone would go that route.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.