Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My friend got declined.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My friend got declined.

Try to recon if that fails best way is to go for a secured CC. build that good for some time, than apply for a regular cc.

Message 11 of 22
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Try to recon if that fails best way is to go for a secured CC. build that good for some time, than apply for a regular cc.

why not go secured route with BOA or something, don't they offer an 3-2-1 version of secured card?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

First I would recon that Barclay attempt. Your friend's situation sounds alot like mine 8 months ago and here I am just getting approved for CSP. If I were him, open a BOA atleast 300 secured card, then get 3-4 Comneity cards through the shopping cart trick. Put like 5 dollars on all of them every statment and pay in full after statement cut date. So they each report a tiny balance every statment. Garden for 5-6 months and Watch his scored increase. I did that and my scores jumed from 600 to 720 in 8 months. Those student loans help his credit being they are paid in full. Def Def try to do something about those collections, they are obviously holding his credit score back as they were holding mine back. Good luck. 

Message 13 of 22
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Kind of a odd response, I thought, since he was wanting a credit card to build history.

Not odd at all.  Creditors generally want to see some history and wanting a card to build history isn't the same thing as actual postive history (the biggest factor affecting FICO's at 35%).  It's really not that different than an employer wanting a candidate with experience.  Just because one is looking to start out in the job market and obtain experience doesn't mean that an employer should hire someone without the experience.  We all start out somewhere in these situations and have to build up over time.

Your friend may need to select a different card with more lax approval criteria or even go secured.

Message 14 of 22
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why oh why did anyone bump a thread for this OP?

Message 16 of 22
baller4life
Super Contributor

Smiley Mad Just WHY?
Message 17 of 22
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Oops I didnt mean to do that. I didn't even notice I replied with a blank reply sorry lol
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@killer_queen229 wrote:
Oops I didnt mean to do that. I didn't even notice I replied with a blank reply sorry lol

Report to Room 223B for your punishment

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol i love these threads
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.