Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My journey has come to an end... For now

tag
Carbon44
Contributor

My journey has come to an end... For now

The past couple of years I have studied credit, applied for cards, and really tried getting my scores to improve. I was completely brand new to credit. The journey has been fun and exciting from getting approved for a card, to redeeming the bonuses, and most of all seeing my scores trend upwards. But I have realized over the past few months my journey is over. I have all of the cards I want (for right now in my life). Besides upgrading the BCE to a BCP in a few months its time to sit back and enjoy my cards. My limits are perfect as of right now so I have no use in increasing them.

Now let a new journey begin... Time to work on getting into the 800 club!
Chase Sapphire Preferred (Visa Signature), Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover IT, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, American Express Zync
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My journey has come to an end... For now

Many congratulations to you for achieving your goal. You should feel good about the effort that you put into educating yourself, and now you get to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labors. Enjoy your cards, and best wishes on your new journey towards the 800 club. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on achieving your first goal and good luck as you embark on your new journey.....800 club!
Message 3 of 5
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

thats a good line up there

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 4 of 5
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@Carbon44 wrote:
The past couple of years I have studied credit, applied for cards, and really tried getting my scores to improve. I was completely brand new to credit. The journey has been fun and exciting from getting approved for a card, to redeeming the bonuses, and most of all seeing my scores trend upwards. But I have realized over the past few months my journey is over. I have all of the cards I want (for right now in my life). Besides upgrading the BCE to a BCP in a few months its time to sit back and enjoy my cards. My limits are perfect as of right now so I have no use in increasing them.

Now let a new journey begin... Time to work on getting into the 800 club!

Sounds like it may be time to learn the fine art of Churning, though that'll probably keep you from making the 800 club for awhile.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.