Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My last hurrah before gardening.... NFCU

tag
kstmommy
New Contributor

My last hurrah before gardening.... NFCU

I'm learning SO much here, it's crazy. Thank you ALL so much for that. I'm working on my CR's, getting some baddies off, waiting for a couple to fall off. I made 2 collosal mistakes. I opened several new accounts, in a weeks span, and went to app spree h*ll. Like really bad. Live and learn I guess. Glad I know better now.

My lasy hurrah is NFCU. I applied for membership on Friday, 7/26, on the phone. Rep suggested I go for credit card, so I thought why not, at this point? Heard nothing all weekend. THAT was torture. Yesterday, Monday 07/29, they emailed me that they need my DL & SSN. Emailed that over, called to confirm it was clear enough. Rep told me it was perfect and that I'd hear something in 24/48 hours. OMG more torture! So, here I sit. Obsessively checking my email, every 5 mins. CreditKarma, nothing. TU, nothing. MyFico, nothing. EX, nothing. No alerts, nada. They haven't even pulled my report yet for membership.... it's killing me.

Whatever happens with NFCU, this will be it. Either I get approved and celebrate, or denied and I cry. LOL. No matter what, after this, I am gardening what I have and waiting for some of my inq's to fall off. Wish me luck!!

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
determinedchick
New Contributor

Re: My last hurrah before gardening.... NFCU

Good luck! Smiley Happy
2/18/15 via Discover's FICO 649
3/11/15 via Walmart's FICO 692
Cap One Platinum $2250 Discover $700 VS $2350 Belk $700 Care Credit $6,200-co-app w/ husband Walmart $650 Cap One $2250 Plat Prestige $1,000 Chase Freedom $7000 AmEx $1500
Message 2 of 26
gogotexan
Regular Contributor

Awww, I know the feeling.  I hate waiting for a response to anything (credit app, job app, etc).  It drives me nuts!!!  lol  Hang in there Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 11/12/2012 EX - 590, EQ - 584, TU - 601
FICO Scores as of 02/06/2014 EX - 687, EQ - 659, TU - 697
BK 7 Discharged Oct 2010, In my wallet: NFCU VisaSiggy $26K; NFCU GoRewards $10K; NFCU Navcheck $15K; Star Furniture $5K, Conns Credit $7K, GE (Ashley Furniture) $1K, GE (Rooms to Go) $3K, Barclay Arrival MC $3K; PWFCU Visa $2.5K; Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2K; Chase Freedome $500; Cap1 Secured $500
Message 3 of 26
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

I applied back on 7/2, on 7/4 (yes they work holidays) they called me to get some security info (asking the public record info stuff), on 7/6 I was approved for a $3K limit cash rewards card!  I'm totally gardening now, acutally used it to balance transfer some low limit cards over to (better APR on NFCU) and it's been great, will PIF NFCU next month and in about 3-6 mo call and ask if they have any offers of CLI's for me =)  you can call customer service and they can send you to underwriting if needed as well.  The customer service is fantastic@

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 4 of 26
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Good luck! Please keep us posted.

Message 5 of 26
kstmommy
New Contributor

Thanks for the well wishes! Mini update...

Finally got access number by searching on the website and called in to see what was going on. Super nice guy, Leo, set me up online so I could see my account. YAY! Hurdle one, BAM! Got checking and savings set up. So, I nonchelantly ask about my credit app. No record of it. LOL. The woman who signed me up never added the request. Leo mentioned something about seeing an offer for a Cash Rewards card but I couldn't see it in my offers. I do have a preapproval for an auto loan, so that's good news, right?! Don't need it though. So, I apped for the Cash Rewards and decided to go for a small LOC as well.

Now, I play the waiting game again. LOL.  Apps both in around 5:30-6:00pm this evening. Sent a nice little message to the message center explaining a few things and my intentions. Hopefully, that helps! OCD in overdrive, checking status page, message center, email, text messages, etc. Haha!

Message 6 of 26
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

I know the feeling. I became a member on the 5th of this month and applied for a card over the phone at the same time. I found out I was approved and the limit later that evening. However, it was the Navchek that had me biting through no-chip nails, LOL! I was checking and rechecking because I asked for the max and knew they were going to counteroffer somehow. I was logging in and out all the time. It didn't help that I applied over the weekend. When they finally asked for paystubs and bank statements on the following Monday, I felt a little better for all of 5 minutes. It was another day when it was all approved. TORTURE!

Navy will make you go stir crazy, but it will be better once it all goes well for you... Best of luck! And ditto on keeping us posted.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 7 of 26
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

@kstmommy wrote:

Thanks for the well wishes! Mini update...

Finally got access number by searching on the website and called in to see what was going on. Super nice guy, Leo, set me up online so I could see my account. YAY! Hurdle one, BAM! Got checking and savings set up. So, I nonchelantly ask about my credit app. No record of it. LOL. The woman who signed me up never added the request. Leo mentioned something about seeing an offer for a Cash Rewards card but I couldn't see it in my offers. I do have a preapproval for an auto loan, so that's good news, right?! Don't need it though. So, I apped for the Cash Rewards and decided to go for a small LOC as well.

Now, I play the waiting game again. LOL.  Apps both in around 5:30-6:00pm this evening. Sent a nice little message to the message center explaining a few things and my intentions. Hopefully, that helps! OCD in overdrive, checking status page, message center, email, text messages, etc. Haha!

LOLOL! I had did the same thing! I left that part out of my original post, but yes, I explained exactly why I was asking for so much from them after only being a member for a week and my intentions for the Navchek. I also threw in how much I loved them and appreciated them giving me the opportunity other companies had not. Yes, yes, I did.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 8 of 26
kstmommy
New Contributor

LOL Congrats! My note was very similar! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 26
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

Good luck kst!  I hope you get it! Smiley Happy

Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.