My last hurrah before gardening.... NFCU

tag
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

Re: My last hurrah before gardening.... NFCU

Any word from NFCU yet? =)  

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 11 of 26
kstmommy
New Contributor

Update...

I'm super annoyed. So last night, around midnight, I get a message that I need to call them because I have a FA. No problem. I call, answer questions, all good. Then they tell me I need to go IN to a branch. Not possible. Nearest branch is 4+ hours away and I have 3 kids. So they say ok, just send us your DL & SS card. Well, apparently these departments don't communicate with each other because I already did that the day before, and called to confirm they got it. Meanwhile, I'm on hold off and on, back and forth. He comes back and says ok, that department didn't send it over, could I send it again, this time via fax. So, at 1am, I fax my DL an SS Card. (Second time I've sent it now in the last 9 hours) So I call again, get a new person. They tell me the same thing re: going into branch, no too far, etc etc. They call another dept to check on fax, yes they confirm they got it. All is well, they say I'll have an answer by morning on the LOC, and the security team will process my ID's and send it over to the CC dept for processing....

I wake up to a voicemail saying they need more info, so I call. OMG same thing again. They need me to come in a branch, no too far, FA verification, blah blah blah, ok send in documents. I DID, twice now. Apparently, nobody makes notes on accounts or something. I've talked to 5 reps at this point. Hold on and off for what seems like an eternity. Now they couldn't read my DL very well (even though I sent an 8x10 color CLEAR copy) and now want a copy of my utility bill. So I go to messaging, attach those. Now I wait.

Check status of the LOC, and it's conditionally approved! YAY! Well, not so fast. I call again to see what they need. Now they want a copy of my 2012 taxes, which is perfectly fine, but my income was lower last year, as I'm self employed. They also want my last few bank statements to prove my monthly income. Well, that's going to be a huge PITA because my bank, BOA, sold several accounts, including mine, to a new bank called Old National. I only have access to bank activity from July 15. 2 hours of phone tag with BOA and they won't give me statements, I have to go IN to Old National and have Old National request my statements from BOA. Who knows how long that process will take... Aside from all of THAT, when I filled out the request for the LOC, I just averaged my annual salary divided by 12. I don't make a set amount each month. My work fluctuates. One month, my income is very different from another month, and even that varies from year to year. I have two businesses and when when is not doing so hot, I focus on the other, and vice versa. There's no consistant pattern. In my busy months, I harvest, so to speak, so when it's slow, I have a reserve. That's going to be a nightmare to explain.

I only requested $5000 for the LOC and I might just forget even persuing it. I'm extremely frustrated by the hassle. I'm also getting annoyed by the lack of communications between departments, although I could get over that, since I am new. Maybe with time, that will be better, now that I SHOULD be all set up now.

Message 12 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

sorry, sometimes Navy is awesome and sometimes they are nice people but they don't always seem to be fully trained or something is off... it's just rare that I see posts showing the same types of experiences I have with many of the reps... They are great if you don't ask a lot of questions or they don't need a lot of paperwork... otherwise I feel like I'm dealing with Capital One sometimes!

I wouldn't withdraw at this point because you will probably have same thing on credit card... and if you don't do it now... any future apps will get you in same place because they wanted it last time and didn't get it.... I will go on a  limb and promise once you do it for each department (you are finding that out now that credit card, loc, auto, etc. are all different departments and they don't share info... sometimes helpful!) anyway... once you give them the docs and they like them, you won't have issues for some time, even with CLI and stuff...

PS.  I would go back and ask for $15k on the LOC if they approve the $5k... they 95% won't pull another credit and if they just verified the info, they should be able to do it quick... you always want navy approving or countering... not shooting under!

Message 13 of 26
kstmommy
New Contributor

Update...

Sigh. I'm getting really discouraged here.... Got a call from NFCU and now they're asking for proof of eligibility. They want my Birth Certificate and my moms Birth Certificate. That's a hassle, but okay, I can deal with that. They also want my deceased grandfather's DD214, which is fine again, but my mom has NO idea where it is. I have a call in to my uncle, who might have it. I found a place online where you can order the full military records, which is fine, but it can take up to 30 days. I'm waiting to see what, if any, documents my uncle has, and if not, will order records I guess. I just hope NFCU gives me time to do this.

Message 14 of 26
kstmommy
New Contributor

Ok update...

Well, finally my Cash Rewards Visa was approved! Limit of $500. What? I'm happy to be approved, I really am, but have to admit I'm a little disappointed. They conditionally approved me for the LOC already for $5000, so why only $500 on the card? I know, I know... it'll grow.... I really am happy to even be approved at all.

Message 15 of 26
kstmommy
New Contributor

Re: My last hurrah before gardening.... NFCU *Update*

So, finally got my income docs in and was officially approved for $4k NavCheck. Initally, it was $5k, but my income situation is complicated, so $4k is fine for now.

I've had the Cash Rewards card for about 2 weeks (haven't used it yet) $500 limit, I think bc some baddies I'm working on getting off my report. I'm wondering since I was approved for $4k on the LOC, should I hit the Luv button for the card? Even for just a teensy bit higher cl? I can't have another HP, I'm gardening til a bunch fall off. Opinions?

Message 16 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kstmommy wrote:

So, finally got my income docs in and was officially approved for $4k NavCheck. Initally, it was $5k, but my income situation is complicated, so $4k is fine for now.

I've had the Cash Rewards card for about 2 weeks (haven't used it yet) $500 limit, I think bc some baddies I'm working on getting off my report. I'm wondering since I was approved for $4k on the LOC, should I hit the Luv button for the card? Even for just a teensy bit higher cl? I can't have another HP, I'm gardening til a bunch fall off. Opinions?

Congarts 

No more HP's for awhile see you in the garden 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on the NAVChek. You could go for it, at the very least your HP's would be grouped together.
Message 18 of 26
kstmommy
New Contributor

I went for it, only $500 more, and got 3-5 day message, panicked and called immediately, and she said it was already declined. I wouldn't think it was a HP since it all happened in like 3 minutes. Ugh.... off to the garden I go.....btw the garden sucks, I'm horrible at gardening, but I know it has to be done. LOL

Seeing my sister and parents get approved for wayyyyy more made me a little green. My credit is better than theirs, but their history is a lot longer, so I guess that plays a big part.

Message 19 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Once your history is long you'll get approved for the big ones, don't worry... DH was approved in June last year for 2500 starting out...

Now he's got 2 cards that are 12k each.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.