Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My luck with Chase CSR is terrible

tag
dragontears
Senior Contributor

My luck with Chase CSR is terrible

So my chase freedom is one of the few cards I have that doesn't have a chip (the other is SM), so I called the number on the back of the card and the conversion goes like this:
CSR: how can I help you
Me: I was wondering when I can get a chip card
CSR: please hold while I check
*annoying hold music*
CSR: I can't see that you requested a new card
Me: I haven't requested one before, the reason I am calling is to get the chipped version
CSR: oh, would you hold again while I check my sources
*more annoying hold music*
CSR: I can't put in that request you need to go into a chase branch and request a chip card
Me: so the only way to get a chip card is to go into a branch?
CSR: yes that is the only way, can I help you with anything else?
Me: umm no I don't need anything else

Maybe I am wrong but I find it hard to believe that I can only request a chip card in a branch. I should have called the CSP number. ...
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My luck with Chase CSR is terrible

Just report the card as damaged and request a new one from your account.  The new one sent will have the chip.  You can do the same for the SM card.

Message 2 of 12
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Go with the "my dog ate my card" excuse?
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

Whatever works but you dont have to give a reason, just request a replacement card online.  Very very easy and troublefree

Message 4 of 12
dragontears
Senior Contributor

I was joking about the excuse.
I wonder if they will send me replacement/chip cards for my AUs when I ask for mine or will I need to request those separately
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Request them seperately. The chips will come when you order a new card for it being lost/damage. It also sounds like that CSR doesn't know what they're talking about. 

Additionally, I know Chase can instant issue debit cards, even with chips, at their branches. I'm not sure if the same applies to their credit cards, but if you're interested in getting the card asap, that's the way to go in my opinion. 

Message 6 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

Whatever works but you dont have to give a reason, just request a replacement card online.  Very very easy and troublefree

+1

This worked for me with Capital One as well. 

I was very careful to select the reason for replacement as 'worn' (or something to that effect) and not lost; that way the new card had the same number/expiration of the old card.

Works like a charm!   Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate to say this because Chase is my go to bank for cc and accounts but they've been some of the worst CSR's to deal with compared to Bofa etc
Message 8 of 12
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

That rep did not sound as if they had a clue. Since when do you request a Chase chip card at branch, never heard of such. This is one of the reasons i never use CHAT, i call everyone !!! 

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas4Play wrote:

That rep did not sound as if they had a clue. Since when do you request a Chase chip card at branch, never heard of such. This is one of the reasons i never use CHAT, i call everyone !!! 

He did call.  There is no option for chat with Chase

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.