Frequent Contributor
barbaralee

My oldest card - Comenity Bank

Victoria Secret, credit line of 2730, or some such weird number. I literally use it twice a year and they ritually give me auto increases around the semi-annual sale time. Should I close it, or just keep doing what I am doing? I just really have no use for it. Also, someone I knew told me that she use to work for their credit card dept, and she said credit lines do not go over 2k.... Guess she was wrong.

In the garden until December 4, 2015
Valued Contributor
FinStar

Re: My oldest card - Comenity Bank

barbaralee wrote:

Victoria Secret, credit line of 2730, or some such weird number. I literally use it twice a year and they ritually give me auto increases around the semi-annual sale time. Should I close it, or just keep doing what I am doing? I just really have no use for it. Also, someone I knew told me that she use to work for their credit card dept, and she said credit lines do not go over 2k.... Guess she was wrong.

Hi barbaralee... well, this decision really rests entirely up to you.  I've had mine since way in the mid 90s and my CL is $3K (and yes, there are much higher CLs than that).  I am a guy and I use it for B&BW and for other occassional gift items when certain promotions/offers come along.  If it's not hurting anything then just leave it as is, unless you are planning to do a little early Spring cleaning and just see no reason to manage an extra CC.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}